LAN versa Dial-Up connections
Author Message
 LAN versa Dial-Up connections

Roy/Duad:
I can verify the NT part . The only difference in my Nt registry key is that
it is NdisWan5. I also have a NdisWan,...Wan3, and ...Wan6. Why no
.....Wan4? I don't know. I am not sure how NT enumerates these ...WanX's. On
a NT PC, whenever you use a dial-up modem connection to the internet the
DhcpIPAddress value seems to be dynamically generated.
AS for the RemoteAccess entry, I have one as described below, but there is
no Remote Connection value entry on my NT PC......this must be a Win9x
specific registry entry.

LAN versa Dial-Up connectionsWin 9x -- this is fairly well known (at least
I've seen it "documented" several places on the web) so I'm pretty confident
of it. Also I've seen it personally on a couple of PCs

 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess]
"Remote Connection"=hex:01,00,00,00  ;; 00,00,00,00 when NOT connected

Win NT -- I've verified (??) this on a single NT 4.0 Sp5 Workstation using
TCP/IP & would like some other folks to check to see if this actually works
on all NT PCs

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess"
; This key does NOT exist unless DUN is installed  so if it's NOT there the
PC CAN'T be dialing in

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NdisWan4\Parameters\Tcpip[DhcpIPAddre
ss]

; apparently the above value ONLY exists during an active connection via a
dial-up connection
; all this needs confirmation & testing before use

As I've stated before I've only checked this on one PC & hope other folks
could provide some additional verification.

Quote:
    From: Daud Sweetland

    Posted At: 6/8/99 8:46 PM
    Conversation: LAN versa Dial-Up connections

    Hi,

    Can anyone give any bright ideas as to how I might go about detecting in
    WSH
    whether a client machine is currently using a LAN connection or Dial-Up
    connection ?? I'm afriad I'm fresh out of bright ideas at the mo, and
    cannot
    think of anything for the life of me.......

    Daud Sweetland

    (Posted from WSH FAQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LAN versa Dial-Up connections

2. LAN or Dial Up Connection - How To Determine Which

3. Connected via Dial-Up or LAN??

4. lan to lan vpn

5. Starting a Dial-Up Connection

6. adding a dialup connection?

7. Script to DIAL a RAS connection???

8. dial-up connections

9. RAS/Dial-Up connection creation script?

10. Dial-up or NIC Network Connection

11. script a dial-up connection

12. How to create a VPN & Dialup connection