CurrentDirectory Property
Author Message
 CurrentDirectory Property

Hi !

Can someone tell me how to set the CurrentDirectory
property of the Shell object in Windows Scripting Host
V5.5? I'm getting an error that this property is not valid.

Code is :

    Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    strPathName = objShell.SpecialFolders(cMyDocuments)
    strPathName = strPathName & "\" & cDefaultFolder
    objShell.CurrentDirectory = strPathName

It works in V5.6, but I need to run my script on a Windows
95 machine.

Thanks...

Gerry.

Fri, 07 May 2004 18:27:38 GMT
 CurrentDirectory Property
WSH 5.6 doesn't officially support Win95 any longer.   You can try (at your own risk) installing it on Win95, or bite the bullet and install a supported version of Windows.

MS won't support Win95 in any way after 31 DEC 2001.  It doesn't even qualify for upgrades.

See the appropriate "Support and availability ..." links on the page below.

Windows 95
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/default.asp

<snip>

Desktop operating systems entering Non-Supported phase (effective date):

* MS DOS x.xx  (December 31, 2001)
* Windows 3.xx  (December 31, 2001)
* Windows 95  (December 31, 2001)
* Windows NT 3.5x  (December 31, 2001)
* Windows 98/98 SE  (June 30, 2003)*
* Windows NT 4.xx  (June 30, 2003)

</snip>

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi !

> Can someone tell me how to set the CurrentDirectory
> property of the Shell object in Windows Scripting Host
> V5.5? I'm getting an error that this property is not valid.

> Code is :

>     Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
>     strPathName = objShell.SpecialFolders(cMyDocuments)
>     strPathName = strPathName & "\" & cDefaultFolder
>     objShell.CurrentDirectory = strPathName

> It works in V5.6, but I need to run my script on a Windows
> 95 machine.

> Thanks...

> Gerry.

Fri, 07 May 2004 23:42:09 GMT
 CurrentDirectory Property
Thanks. I'll try installing WSH 5.6 on the Win95 machine.

Regards...

Gerry.

Quote:

Sat, 08 May 2004 00:02:13 GMT
 CurrentDirectory Property
The first thing to do to 95 is install the DCOM 1.3 upgrade from
http://www.microsoft.com/com but it still may not work.

Quote:
> Thanks. I'll try installing WSH 5.6 on the Win95 machine.

> Regards...

> Gerry.

Sat, 08 May 2004 14:18:36 GMT

1. can't set CurrentDirectory property

2. setting CurrentDirectory property

3. Unrecognized command "CurrentDirectory"

4. Problem with CurrentDirectory method

5. Property Let, Property Get

6. Need script's CurrentDirectory.. not process's

7. how to use getElementById or some other property to send value to a label

8. Need to read file properties through ASP Webpage

9. How to access the Property Values for various files

10. How Do I Get The File Summary Properties from a Word Document

11. Cannot set property as parameter to function

12. Accessing the print setup properties?