Command Line Scripted Printer Installations
Author Message
 Command Line Scripted Printer Installations

I attended TechEd in May and posed this question to Andrew Clinick and he
referred me to this group.  What I want to do is not feasible in WSH but he
said that utilities have been mentioned on this group that do what I want.

I am looking for a utility that will install workstation printer drivers on
Windows 9x and Windows NT Workstations.  My thought is something along the
lines as the following:

INSTPRINT.EXE  "HP LaserJet 4" "\\servername\printer"

The goal is to have the EXE run silently and automatically install the
printer driver on the workstation.  My assumption is that this would only
work if the printer model exactly matches an entry in the Windows INF
database.  This would prevent users or technicians from having to run the
Add Printer Wizard.

Anyone know of any tools or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Hammett

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Command Line Scripted Printer Installations
Hi,

You might want to check out XLNT.  XLNT is a Command and Scripting Language
for NT/9x machines. Specifically, XLNT provides the MANAGE ADD PRINTER
command which allows you to install a printer on either a local or remote
system.

For a free 30-day full-function kit, please visit our web site at
http://www.advsyscon.com.
--

Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc.
Makers of XLNT - Command and Scripting Language for NT/9x

Quote:
> I attended TechEd in May and posed this question to Andrew Clinick and he
> referred me to this group.  What I want to do is not feasible in WSH but
he
> said that utilities have been mentioned on this group that do what I
want.

> I am looking for a utility that will install workstation printer drivers
on
> Windows 9x and Windows NT Workstations.  My thought is something along
the
> lines as the following:

> INSTPRINT.EXE  "HP LaserJet 4" "\\servername\printer"

> The goal is to have the EXE run silently and automatically install the
> printer driver on the workstation.  My assumption is that this would only
> work if the printer model exactly matches an entry in the Windows INF
> database.  This would prevent users or technicians from having to run the
> Add Printer Wizard.

> Anyone know of any tools or have any ideas?

> Thanks in advance,
> Jason Hammett

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scripting command line applications & Command Line Prompting

2. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript

3. command line printer setup under windows xp

4. command line printer setup under windows xp

5. Printer Installation During Login Scripts

6. NT Command Line Scripting???

7. How to execute a command line command from a *.HTA

8. Running vb-script from the command line

9. Sleep command and running a command line in VBScript

10. Script running a passed command line.

11. COMMAND LINE SCRIPT

12. Command line Script