<object> and responding to events
Author Message
 <object> and responding to events

Andrew Clinic wrote in his column about the <object> tag "You have the
option of responding to events from the object...". But I dont get it to
work.

<object id="rs" progid="adodb.recordset"/>
sub rs_MoveComplete(...)
end sub

wont work. Even when I try:

wscript.connectobject rs, "rs_"

What am I missing?

Ralf

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <object> and responding to events
As you discovered, this apparently doesn't work in the beta.  I posted
something to this effect a few days after the beta was released, but no one
in the MS Scripting Dev group ever responded to the post

Hopefully the problem will be fixed in the WSH 2.0 release version (and the
feature documented as well).

--
Michael Harris

| Andrew Clinic wrote in his column about the <object> tag "You have the
| option of responding to events from the object...". But I dont get it to
| work.
|
| <object id="rs" progid="adodb.recordset"/>
| sub rs_MoveComplete(...)
| end sub
|
| wont work. Even when I try:
|
| wscript.connectobject rs, "rs_"
|
| What am I missing?
|
| Ralf

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. --------<<<<<<MONEY>>>>>>--------- id 9543

2. onChange event for <SELECT> object

3. <<<< Disabling the ControlBox, MinButton and MaxButton >>>>

4. Win98 user <font color="blue"><B>profiles</B></font>

5. Activating an OBJECT without <object>

6. Object using <OBJECT> tag

7. <<, >> operators to Level 1

8. <pre></pre> problem

9. HPGL<->PostscriptPCL<->Postscript

10. GDSII<->PostScript<->HPGL translation pgms wanted

11. Troubles with <<fullscreen>>

12. <select> onchange event for ie5