Perl-Engine
Author Message
 Perl-Engine

Hi !

Is there anybody who could tell me where to find a
Perl-Scripting-Engine for Windows ?

Bye,

Bj?rn

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl-Engine
http://www.activestate.com/ActivePerl/

--
Michael Harris

| Hi !
|
| Is there anybody who could tell me where to find a
| Perl-Scripting-Engine for Windows ?
|
| Bye,
|
| Bj?rn

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl-Engine
For non-Windows Scripting Host Perl, there are a number available, several
free.
There are a number of commercial and free ones written 32-bit and some for
NT specifically.
There are quite a number of ports of Perl for Dos that will, of course, run
on Windows, including NT4, but won't with win2k, i understand.

A good place to start for those would be the official perl sites as well as
gnu.org and the simtel gnuish archive as well as the dos archive on simtel.
Garbo is another good collection.

For wsh, there's activeState, as stated, which, I believe, is based on
open-source Perl code.

Good luck.  Sorry I don't have any specific urls at the moment.

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl-Engine
www.activestate.com... Also there is a file in the downloads section of my
site that will register PERL with WSH so that you can use virtually any perl
engine with WSH. You may also want to take a look at the Perl section of my
script repository.

Clarence

--
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 300 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and a
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

Quote:
> Hi !

> Is there anybody who could tell me where to find a
> Perl-Scripting-Engine for Windows ?

> Bye,

> Bj?rn

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vbs PERL equivalent - exit(0)?

2. Parsing with Perl -- how?

3. Perl and ghostscript, command options...

4. Perl/Pascal savvy?

5. Perl scripting

6. PDF Manipulation w/ ImageMagick on Windows 2000 w/ Perl

7. Collection of free online books on CGI,Scripting,Perl,HTML and VRML

8. successful compile of PDFLib module for perl ?

9. perl hash array/javascript arrays

10. Ghostscript/Perl CGI