Remote logoff via WSH
Author Message
 Remote logoff via WSH

I have an NT4 server (SP6), with windows98 second edition workstations.  I
want to run a script from the server to logoff all workstations.  Do i
*need* to install WMI, or can i just use WSH 5.6?

Any help much appreciated

--

JJ Steelworks P/L
CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:53:38 GMT
 Remote logoff via WSH
Brainer!

Try 'Harris" on google.

Quote:
> I have an NT4 server (SP6), with windows98 second edition workstations.  I
> want to run a script from the server to logoff all workstations.  Do i
> *need* to install WMI, or can i just use WSH 5.6?

> Any help much appreciated

> --

> JJ Steelworks P/L
> CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:58:26 GMT
 Remote logoff via WSH
Was that supposed to be helpful?

--

JJ Steelworks P/L
CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Quote:
> Brainer!

> Try 'Harris" on google.

> > I have an NT4 server (SP6), with windows98 second edition workstations.
> > want to run a script from the server to logoff all workstations.  Do i
> > *need* to install WMI, or can i just use WSH 5.6?

> > Any help much appreciated

> > --

> > JJ Steelworks P/L
> > CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:58:44 GMT
 Remote logoff via WSH

Quote:
> Was that supposed to be helpful?

>> Brainer!

>> Try 'Harris" on google.

Indirectly, yes.
"name" has a habit of being seemingly obtuse, when in fact he is giving
useful information.
Try going to this URL
http://groups.google.ca/advanced_group_search?group=microsoft.public....
ng.*
and using "michael harris" in the "Return only messages where the author is"
field.

Oh yes, type in "remote logoff" in the "with all of the words" field,
naturally!

The results are not EXACTLY what you are looking for, but there are enough
clues for you to figure it out.  Or not.  We were all newbies at some point.
If that doesn't get you going, post back and I or else the others will
figure out what we need to do to help you out.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:19:00 GMT
 Remote logoff via WSH
thanks, ill give that a try

--

JJ Steelworks P/L
CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Quote:

> > Was that supposed to be helpful?

> >> Brainer!

> >> Try 'Harris" on google.

> Indirectly, yes.
> "name" has a habit of being seemingly obtuse, when in fact he is giving
> useful information.
> Try going to this URL

http://groups.google.ca/advanced_group_search?group=microsoft.public....
Quote:
> ng.*
> and using "michael harris" in the "Return only messages where the author
is"
> field.

> Oh yes, type in "remote logoff" in the "with all of the words" field,
> naturally!

> The results are not EXACTLY what you are looking for, but there are enough
> clues for you to figure it out.  Or not.  We were all newbies at some
point.
> If that doesn't get you going, post back and I or else the others will
> figure out what we need to do to help you out.

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 05:57:27 GMT

1. canceling a logoff from a logoff script

2. remote Authentication for running a remote wsh script

3. passsing argument to a remote script - with remote WSH

4. running wsh-script on shut down or logoff

5. Connecting to remote SQL server via Internet using ASP page and Comm object

6. remote file access via ASP (vbscript)

7. viewing remote system registry via VBscript

8. Remote registry editing via scripting...

9. Access remote SMTP server via port 25

10. Using ActiveX or Script to Access Remote Mail Server via HTA Application

11. Determining if a remote client is online via vb

12. Accessing Remote Folders via FileSystemObject