Where to get windowsscripting.adm file
Author Message
 Where to get windowsscripting.adm file

i am looking for a file named windowsscripting.adm file. can u suggest
me where to get it from. This file consist of settings for remote
windows script host.

Plz help me ASAP

with regard,
sonu

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:17:49 GMT
 Where to get windowsscripting.adm file
adm = Adaptive Delta Modulation

Leads nowhere.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=adm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Try google = 460.000 responses.

----

also ADM =  Non Intel Chip

========

If you knew what is is (was).

Quote:
> i am looking for a file named windowsscripting.adm file. can u suggest
> me where to get it from. This file consist of settings for remote
> windows script host.

> Plz help me ASAP

> with regard,
> sonu

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:08:13 GMT
 Where to get windowsscripting.adm file

Quote:

> i am looking for a file named windowsscripting.adm file. can u suggest
> me where to get it from. This file consist of settings for remote
> windows script host.

Hi

The ADM file was never actually released :-(

To enable WshRemote on the remote machine:

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows Script Host
\Settings

change the named value "Remote" to have a value of "1" (type REG_SZ).

On WinXP, you need to type "wscript -regserver" at a command prompt or in the
start/run dialog for remote to work as well.

You can create the windowsscript.adm file yourself also:

(It's a discussion about it here as well:
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=be3f11a26b0ca3c0
)

<qoute>

Subject: Re: Remote WSH - windowsscript.adm
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2002-03-07 16:15:32 PST

I've seen this question one too many times.  Here's windowsscript.adm; it works
on XP, I don't know about other systems, so I would
appreciate feedback on how it does in PolEdit...

CLASS MACHINE
    CATEGORY "Remote Scripting"
        POLICY !!MachRemotePolicy
         KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings"
  EXPLAIN !!MachRemotePolicyHelp
  VALUENAME Remote
             VALUEON "1" VALUEOFF "0"
        END POLICY

        POLICY !!IgnoreUserSettingsPolicy
         KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings"
  EXPLAIN !!IgnoreUserHelp
  VALUENAME IgnoreUserSettings
             VALUEON "1" VALUEOFF "0"
        END POLICY
    END CATEGORY

[STRINGS]

MachRemotePolicy="Enable remote scripting on this system"
MachRemotePolicyHelp="If set to 1, enables remote scripting"

IgnoreUserSettingsPolicy="Setting over-rides per-user settings"
IgnoreUserHelp="Should be on to mandate machine policy for everyone"
</qoute>

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:28:05 GMT
 Where to get windowsscripting.adm file

Quote:

> adm = Adaptive Delta Modulation

> Leads nowhere.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=adm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

> Try google = 460.000 responses.
> ----

> also ADM =  Non Intel Chip

I always thought that was AMD... =)

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:22:33 GMT

1. windowsscript.adm file

2. ADM File

3. (ADM)GDF to ps ???

4. windowsscript.adm???

5. Remote WSH - windowsscript.adm

6. windowsscript.adm - where can I get this

7. File access - Getting last updated property of a file

8. Getting short file name from long file name:

9. getting query string from frame in jscript and getting frame name from another frame

10. getting a file listing w javascript

11. Getting PPD info into a PS file

12. Getting PDF files to ASCII using Ghostscript