running a script on different box
Author Message
 running a script on different box

Hello everyone,

 I want to execute  this line by calling from boxA  and executing on boxB

so say on box A from the command prompt I execute
  "c:\winnt\system32\wscript.exe \\boxB\inetpub\wwwroot\\vbsemail.vbs"

what it does is ,it calls the file on boxB but still executes on boxA. Is
there way to execute alltogether on BoxB and using BoxA  as a terminal
client role??

any ideas ?

thank you

Mon, 03 May 2004 08:54:45 GMT
 running a script on different box
This requires WSH 5.6 installed on both box A and B and admin access to box B...

After installing WSH 5.6 on box B, set

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings

named value: Remote

to "1" to enable WshRemote execution.

Then create a local copy of the script on box A and use the new WshController/WshRemote object to execute it on box B...

WshController Object
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/wslrfController...

WshRemote Object
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/wslrfRemote_WSH...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Quote:

> Hello everyone,

>  I want to execute  this line by calling from boxA  and executing on boxB

> so say on box A from the command prompt I execute
>   "c:\winnt\system32\wscript.exe \\boxB\inetpub\wwwroot\\vbsemail.vbs"

> what it does is ,it calls the file on boxB but still executes on boxA. Is
> there way to execute alltogether on BoxB and using BoxA  as a terminal
> client role??

> any ideas ?

> thank you

Mon, 03 May 2004 11:09:57 GMT

1. running different script engines(vbscript, jscript) with script control

2. define different font for different items in the same HTML list box

3. Run script as different user

4. How to run a script under a different user conext

5. Running a script as a different user

6. Hit Enter Key On Password Box and Run Script

7. Running a script to install Patches on a locked down NT Box

8. Targeting an input box of a different document

9. Targeting an input box of a different document

10. Running a function as a different user

11. ASP code runs different on differnt machines

12. run as a different user