deleting temp internet files through script
Author Message
 deleting temp internet files through script

I have been trying to write a script that does some
processing to clear temp files and such off machines.
I run into the problem of not being able to get at
the 'Delete Temporary Internet Files' function of IE5 and
above.

I could go through the filesystem object, but that always
runs the risk of causing other problems with Internet
Explorer.

Does anyone know of a method to active this function?

I have poured over the InternetExplorer.Applicaiton object
and found no way so far.

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:20:51 GMT
 deleting temp internet files through script
I believe you could find the folder where the temporary files are kept in
the registry and then process from there (unless the files aren't really
files anymore, but I think they are), using the FileSystemObject.

---WWE

Quote:
> I have been trying to write a script that does some
> processing to clear temp files and such off machines.
> I run into the problem of not being able to get at
> the 'Delete Temporary Internet Files' function of IE5 and
> above.

> I could go through the filesystem object, but that always
> runs the risk of causing other problems with Internet
> Explorer.

> Does anyone know of a method to active this function?

> I have poured over the InternetExplorer.Applicaiton object
> and found no way so far.

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:42:12 GMT

1. Deleting Temp Internet Files via script

2. Deleting Temp Internet Files via script

3. Deleting Temp internet files

4. Delete all temp internet files for all users

5. Delete temp.internet files ecc..(newbie)

6. How can I delete cookies and temp internet files w/VBS

7. Deleting Temp Internet files, new approach ?

8. Temp Internet files check box

9. Delete cookies and temp. inet files with VBS

10. Delete temp file

11. Trying to Delete a temp file

12. deleting temp images