windows shortcut options?
Author Message
 windows shortcut options?

I can make shortcuts with wsh, question is.....
in the line for the url/file can you use dos switches for
maximized/minimized windows....
Also say you have a text file... how can you specify which text editor open
the file.

Any Ideas?

Jeff

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:44:13 GMT
 windows shortcut options?

Quote:

> I can make shortcuts with wsh, question is.....
> in the line for the url/file can you use dos switches for
> maximized/minimized windows....

??? What do you mean by "dos switches for maximized/minimized windows..." ???

Are you creating a shortcuts to execute a DOS program?  The shortcut object doesn't support any of
the "pif-style" properties like windowed or fullscreen, etc...

Quote:
> Also say you have a text file... how can you specify which text editor open
> the file.

You have to set the TargetPath to be the editor's EXE path and pass the text filename in the
Arguments (string) property...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 08:44:02 GMT
 windows shortcut options?

Quote:
> > I can make shortcuts with wsh, question is.....
> > in the line for the url/file can you use dos switches for
> > maximized/minimized windows....

> ??? What do you mean by "dos switches for maximized/minimized windows..."
???

> Are you creating a shortcuts to execute a DOS program?  The shortcut

object doesn't support any of
Quote:
> the "pif-style" properties like windowed or fullscreen, etc...

> > Also say you have a text file... how can you specify which text editor
open
> > the file.

> You have to set the TargetPath to be the editor's EXE path and pass the

text filename in the

Quote:
> Arguments (string) property...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

I don't know what I mean?!?!?
I just wanted a shortcut on the desktop that could open minimized or how I
set it,
guess it cant be done.

Jeff

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:05:07 GMT
 windows shortcut options?
WindowStyle Property [of a WshShortcut object]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/doc/wsprowindowstyle.htm

has a full example...

The EXE links below are downloads of the complete documentation sets in HTMLHelp format - highly
recommended for offline use. The Tutorial and "...User's Guide" content is also included in the
downloaded documentation...

WSH 2.0 Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/doc/wsTutorialTOC.htm
WSH Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/docs/reference/defaul...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/wshdoc.exe

VBScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vbstutor.htm
VBScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/techinfo/vbsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdoc.exe

FileSystemObject User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/jsFSOTutor.htm
VBScript Run-Time Library Reference [FileSystemObject/Dictionary]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/VBSFSOTOC.htm

JScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsconJScriptUsersGuid...
JScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/techinfo/jsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdoc.exe

WSC Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/doc/lettitle.htm
WSC Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/serverdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/wscdoc.exe

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> > > I can make shortcuts with wsh, question is.....
> > > in the line for the url/file can you use dos switches for
> > > maximized/minimized windows....

> > ??? What do you mean by "dos switches for maximized/minimized windows..."
> ???

> > Are you creating a shortcuts to execute a DOS program?  The shortcut
> object doesn't support any of
> > the "pif-style" properties like windowed or fullscreen, etc...

> > > Also say you have a text file... how can you specify which text editor
> open
> > > the file.

> > You have to set the TargetPath to be the editor's EXE path and pass the
> text filename in the
> > Arguments (string) property...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> > --

> I don't know what I mean?!?!?
> I just wanted a shortcut on the desktop that could open minimized or how I
> set it,
> guess it cant be done.

> Jeff

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:41:56 GMT

1. WSH Shortcut Creation: layout options?

2. Using File Exists on Windows Explorer and Windows Media player shortcuts

3. Create new Option on window.opener from another window

4. Folder Shortcut -vs- Application Shortcut

5. ps2pdf shortcut for drag-n-drop (windows)

6. Create windows shortcuts

7. Hell of a Time - Detect Plugins, Close Parent Window, Detect 128 bit Encryption Browser, create Shortcut

8. Determining the Most recent active window (folder) from Shortcut toolbar

9. How to craeate/copy a shortcut to folder in Windows 2000

10. Create Shortcut in Windows 2000

11. Shortcut to close ie window

12. shortcut to open 2 Windows folders?