Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBS
Author Message
 Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBS

Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBSHead on out to the ADSI FAQ on my site...

http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and a
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

  I would like to start and stop services such as SNMP from a VBS/WSH script...  Anyone know how to do this?

  Marvin Green

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBS
Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBSmaybe this is too simple for
your needs, but...

how about using WScript.Shell.Run to spawn "net start <service>" and "net
stop <service>". Note that although net start lists what seems to be _the_
list of services, it actually works with any service (even those you write
yourself). You just have to have the name of the service exactly as it
appears in Control Panel|Services.

Jim

I would like to start and stop services such as SNMP from a VBS/WSH
script...  Anyone know how to do this?
Marvin Green

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting and Stopping NT Services with ADSI,wsh, and VBScript

2. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

3. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

4. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

5. How to start/stop a NT service

6. Stop and Starting Services on NT

7. Starting and stopping NT services

8. How to start/stop a NT service...