Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95
Author Message
 Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95

"Unless you are 100% Win2000 clients, you need to execute a .bat file that
in turn executes the .vbs
file.  Only Win2000 supports .vbs/.js/.wsf file directly."

I have tried running the batch file with:
1) cscript xxx.vbs

2) %0\..\cscript xxx.vbs

3) %0\..\cscript %0\..\xxx.vbs

and nothing has worked.

Can someone post tested working solution for Windows 95?

Thanks

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:08:17 GMT
 Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95

Quote:

> "Unless you are 100% Win2000 clients, you need to execute a .bat file that
> in turn executes the .vbs
> file.  Only Win2000 supports .vbs/.js/.wsf file directly."

> I have tried running the batch file with:
> 1) cscript xxx.vbs

> 2) %0\..\cscript xxx.vbs

> 3) %0\..\cscript %0\..\xxx.vbs

> and nothing has worked.

> Can someone post tested working solution for Windows 95?

> Thanks

Your batch file can be as simple as ...

   wscript d:\full\path\to\your\script.vbs

That's it.  An MS-DOS window will open and then close as your WSH script

window will remain open in a 'Finished' state until the user closes it.

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:20:20 GMT
 Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95
hi Srdjan,

Try this:

    cscript drive:\fullpath\myLoginScript.vbs

works for me.

cheers, jw

Quote:

> "Unless you are 100% Win2000 clients, you need to execute a .bat file that
> in turn executes the .vbs
> file.  Only Win2000 supports .vbs/.js/.wsf file directly."

> I have tried running the batch file with:
> 1) cscript xxx.vbs

> 2) %0\..\cscript xxx.vbs

> 3) %0\..\cscript %0\..\xxx.vbs

> and nothing has worked.

> Can someone post tested working solution for Windows 95?

> Thanks

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:14:22 GMT
 Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95
or, you could close it with a "pif" file, jw

Quote:

> window will remain open in a 'Finished' state until the user closes it.

> Tom Lavedas
> -----------
> http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 05:38:13 GMT
 Running vbs as a login script for Windows 95
The script host executables must be installed/executed on the client (you can't execute a server
copy of either cscript.exe or wscript.exe)

start cscript %0\..\xxx.vbs

A couple of known issues for Win9x clients and WSH hosted logon scripts...

Q233976 - Cannot Retrieve UserName Property in Windows Script Host
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q233/9/76.ASP

Dim strUserName
On Error Resume Next
Set WSHNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
While strUserName = ""
strUserName = WSHNetwork.UserName
WEnd
On Error GoTo 0

Q188602 - INFO: UserDomain Method Does Not Work Under Win95 with WSH
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q188/6/02.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> "Unless you are 100% Win2000 clients, you need to execute a .bat file that
> in turn executes the .vbs
> file.  Only Win2000 supports .vbs/.js/.wsf file directly."

> I have tried running the batch file with:
> 1) cscript xxx.vbs

> 2) %0\..\cscript xxx.vbs

> 3) %0\..\cscript %0\..\xxx.vbs

> and nothing has worked.

> Can someone post tested working solution for Windows 95?

> Thanks

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:15:37 GMT

1. vbscript login scripts - starting a script from the Windows 95 command prompt

2. Encripted Script file run on Windows 95

3. Windows Scripting Host on Windows 95 OSR2

4. Windows 95 OSR1 and Windows Scripting Host

5. Login script problem in 95/98

6. vbs with Windows 95 or 98

7. network functions don't work in login scripts in 95

8. Getting ADSI commands to run in Windows 95

9. Getting ADSI commands to run in Windows 95

10. WSH not running on Windows 95???

11. Differences between login.script running on nt4 and windows 2000 Professional

12. Windows 95/PowerPoint 95 Postscript Printing Problem