Sync time to server??
Author Message
 Sync time to server??

I am looking for a way to sync the time of some win98 pc's to the nt servers
time without having to use "NET TIME \\SERVER /SET /YES". It seems there
should be a way to do this using WSH.

Has anyone had any luck with this.

--

Tommy Martin

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:20:39 GMT
 Sync time to server??
Unless you have a 3rd party component that supports it, setting the time via shell.run of the "NET
TIME..." is as good as it gets for a script client...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I am looking for a way to sync the time of some win98 pc's to the nt servers
> time without having to use "NET TIME \\SERVER /SET /YES". It seems there
> should be a way to do this using WSH.

> Has anyone had any luck with this.

> --

> Tommy Martin

> http://members.telocity.com/tmartin1

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:50:25 GMT
 Sync time to server??
Tommy says:

Quote:
>I am looking for a way to sync the time of some win98 pc's to the nt servers
>time without having to use "NET TIME \\SERVER /SET /YES". It seems there
>should be a way to do this using WSH.

>Has anyone had any luck with this.

Stick this into a VBS file and put it in scheduled tasks.

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run _
     "net time \\shelfserver /set /yes", 7, False

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit www.wshscripting.com

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:46:10 GMT

1. script for sync server time

2. sync client time with server

3. Script for syncing clock to a time server

4. time sync

5. Time Sync with VBS and check groupmembership

6. Time Sync with my WInNT Domain

7. server time reported on .asp web pages, how do I report client side time correctly

8. Server Time out

9. Setting time with network server

10. checking date and time on server...

11. Set time to server??