Local Group
Author Message
 Local Group

Do you need ADSI in your domain controller to create a local group.  I run
this and have a problem.

set ADSi = getobject(WinNT://MyBDC)

set group = ADSI.create("group", "name here")
group.setinfo

I have adsi running on the machine I run the scrips from.  It used to work
but now I just get a win 32 error.

Thanks for your help

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Local Group

Yes you need ADSI to do this.

Clarence

Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting. Everything you need to get up and running,
A script repository containing almost 100 sample scripts,
downloads, reference files, and technical support via an
online discussion forum.
(Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download
and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of
these terms.)

Do you need ADSI in your domain controller to create a local group.  I run
this and have a problem.

set ADSi = getobject(WinNT://MyBDC)

set group = ADSI.create("group", "name here")
group.setinfo

I have adsi running on the machine I run the scrips from.  It used to work
but now I just get a win 32 error.

Thanks for your help

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. help Adding a Domain group to a Local Group

2. Adding multiple users or groups to local groups

3. Add domain group to local group

4. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

5. Add Global group to Local Group

6. ADSI Global Groups / Local Groups

7. How do I add a domain global-groups in a member-server local group

8. Enumerating Members of a Local Group (Not on a DC)

9. NT4 Local Group

10. Local Group properties

11. Local Groups..

12. List of domain local groups on a directory tree