Add Global group to Local Group
Author Message
 Add Global group to Local Group

Add Global group to Local GroupNot sure what you intend to do. I guess you like to add the users of
a global group to a local group. You can use ADSI for that, just create
your group using the local or global group flags.

I haven't a ready to use sample that I can publish. What you can do:

Create the local group (or use an existing one)
Enumerate your global group members
Add the content to your new group.

Have a look at C. Washington's web site. There are many ADSI samples.
Download the ADSI SDK from msdn.microsoft.com. The help contains
a lot of explanation (and the necessary flag constants) to set (old NT)
local or global groups.

G. Born

Check out the WSH Bazaar at:

www.borncity.de

  Is there an easy way to add a global group to a local group for NT??
  Is it even possible?
  Thanx

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

2. How do I add a domain global-groups in a member-server local group

3. ADSI Global Groups / Local Groups

4. Adding Global into Local Groups

5. help Adding a Domain group to a Local Group

6. VB script: adding AD group to local administrators group

7. Adding multiple users or groups to local groups

8. Add domain group to local group

9. Adding domain groups to gthe local administrator group

10. Adding a domain group to local administrators group

11. Enumerating Global groups inside of Universal groups

12. Global & local groups Ismember