Adding File Permissions
Author Message
 Adding File Permissions

Greetings,

Is it possible to modify file permissions through wsh?

We have been using the Commerce.AdminSecurity object that is part of site
server to set specific user permissions on files, but that object only seems
to be able to set new permissions and blows away any that existed before.

What I need to do is add a user to the list of those with permissions to a
file without disturbing the existing list.  I've heard something about a new
security object in wsh, but haven't found any information on it so far.

Thanks!

Kris Roberts

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding File Permissions
Here's a link to a "Servin' It Up" article on MSDN Web Workshop that talks about
ways to do this by driving cacls plus a link to a free component from Software
Artisans.  The article is in the context up setting up a web site remotely and
setting directory permissions...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/asp/server022299.asp

--
Michael Harris

| Greetings,
|
| Is it possible to modify file permissions through wsh?
|
| We have been using the Commerce.AdminSecurity object that is part of site
| server to set specific user permissions on files, but that object only seems
| to be able to set new permissions and blows away any that existed before.
|
| What I need to do is add a user to the list of those with permissions to a
| file without disturbing the existing list.  I've heard something about a new
| security object in wsh, but haven't found any information on it so far.
|
| Thanks!
|
| Kris Roberts

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding File Permissions
Hi All,

 you should notice, that this should be possible having
the additional components contained in the ADSI V2.5
SDK. The SDK contains the "Resource Kit" which has
a lot of useful additional components (from memory:RAS
access, ...??)

Copied from the docs:

IADsSecurity and IADsSID - Setting Permissions on File, Registry,
Exchange
Location: /ResourceKit/ADsSecurity.dll
Platforms: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
Installation: regsvr32 adssecurity.dll
Requirement: ADSI 2.5 must be installed first.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:

>Here's a link to a "Servin' It Up" article on MSDN Web Workshop that talks about
>ways to do this by driving cacls plus a link to a free component from Software
>Artisans.  The article is in the context up setting up a web site remotely and
>setting directory permissions...

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/asp/server022299.asp

>--
>Michael Harris

>| Greetings,
>|
>| Is it possible to modify file permissions through wsh?
>|
>| We have been using the Commerce.AdminSecurity object that is part of site
>| server to set specific user permissions on files, but that object only seems
>| to be able to set new permissions and blows away any that existed before.
>|
>| What I need to do is add a user to the list of those with permissions to a
>| file without disturbing the existing list.  I've heard something about a new
>| security object in wsh, but haven't found any information on it so far.
>|
>| Thanks!
>|
>| Kris Roberts

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Executing command-line instructions / Adding NT users and setting directory permissions via CGI or ISAPI

2. Add User to AD and Set NTFS Permission - ASP

3. ADD permissions on a folder

4. Add USERS local group to drive c:\ with all permissions

5. IIS-Adding Users, Setting Permissions, FTP/Website tasks

6. Appling user permissions after adding to admin group

7. Add/Remove Directory User Permissions

8. Adding Permissions to Access Public Folders

9. Executing command-line instructions / Adding NT users and setting directory permissions via CGI or ISAPI

10. deleting files with file system object ( Permission denied error )

11. Changing File Permissions through File System Objects

12. How to add a ps file as background to a multipage postscript file