Writing to the Eventlog
Author Message
 Writing to the Eventlog

Hi together,

i'am looking for a posibility to write to a computers (Windows 2000)
eventlog. Is this with VBScript possible?

Thanx
Bernd

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing to the Eventlog

Quote:

> Hi together,

> i'am looking for a posibility to write to a computers (Windows 2000)
> eventlog. Is this with vbscript possible?

> Thanx
> Bernd

You can use either VBScript or JScript syntax, but the functionality is
provided by the Windows Script Host's (WSH) LogEvent method.  I don't
know where the documentation for WSH is on a Win 2000 machine, but it is
available online and for download at:

Web site with access to documentation on-line:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/default.htm

Download of latest version of documentation:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/wshdoc.exe

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Writing to the eventlog

2. Writing to the Eventlog

3. writing to the eventlog

4. Writing to EventLog in VBS

5. Reading from a dumped or backuped eventlog file

6. Saving Eventlog using WMI to Central Location

7. eventlog notification

8. Reading from eventlog, any ideas?

9. WMI, EventLog

10. Reading from a dumped or backuped eventlog file

11. EventLog in NT 4.0

12. Update NT Eventlog