Help!!!: Errors with 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog'
Author Message
 Help!!!: Errors with 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog'

   Help: Win-Error while creating 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog'

Maybe the following problem, or better - a solution, is already known to
anyone:

I tried to use the 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog' object for showing a file
selection dialog, as
described in a magazine about vbs. If I execute,

    set objDlg = wscript.CreateObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog.1")
or
    set objDlg = wscript.CreateObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog")

I always get the message

    Win32 Error 0x80040112

and the program cancels. If I try the same in VBA for Winword 8:

    Set objDlg = CreateObject("MSComDlg.CommonDialog")

I'll get a runtime error number 429.

It seems, that something is wrong with that object.
A 'regsvr32 Comdlg32.ocx' was successful executed, but didn't help.

About my Computer:
--------------------

I use Win95 B . In my Registry, the Object refers to file
'COMDLG32.OCX', in
my system-dir the related files have the following versions:
commdlg.dll : 4.00.950
Comdlg32.dll: 4.00.951
Comdlg32.ocx: 5.01.4319

I hope that anyone has an idea, what to try else or where to get working
objects. (I didn't
found them on my Win95 CD)

thank you
Andr  (=Andre')
--
for mail answers please use

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!!: Errors with 'MSComDlg.CommonDialog'
0x80040112: Appropriate license for this class not found.

Do you have a licensed version of VB or Visual Studio installed?

--
Michael Harris

[...]

1. Help -- MSComDlg.CommonDialog

2. Can't create commondialog object - error 80040112

3. "MSComDlg.CommonDialog" and multiple files

4. Help with 'cannot use parens' error

5. Help - VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

6. Run-time error '91' - HELP

7. HELP needed with 'eoclip' error message

8. Runtime error ''800a01b6''

9. commondialog doesn't works with files..

10. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error

11. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

12. VB script runtime error '800a01a8'