Getting Windows Script Debugger to Work?
Author Message
 Getting Windows Script Debugger to Work?

I've installed the latest Windows Script De{*filter*}, and I've followed MS
QArticle Q308364 - How to Debug Windows Script Host Files.  On NT4 I see the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\JITDebug value
and I've set it to 1, but I do not see this value in under WKCU on my W2K
box.

I'm running my script with the following command:

cscript //d //x <scriptpath>

I have the <?job debug="true" ?> tag in my WSF file.  All I get is the usual
error on line number console echo.  I've had unintentional success in the
past with getting the script de{*filter*} to launch automatically and show me
the location of the error in my code, but I've never been able to determine
how to get it to work all the time.  Trying to debug WSF files with 10
includes is virtually impossible.

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:46:15 GMT
 Getting Windows Script Debugger to Work?
alt.distinguished.""Jay Worley"

Quote:
> I'm running my script with the following command:

> cscript //d //x <scriptpath>

//D means invoke the de{*filter*} when an error occurs.
//X means run the whole job in the de{*filter*}.

The two are probably not compatible; the //D is probably hiding the
//X.  Use only one or the other.

Quote:

> I have the <?job debug="true" ?> tag in my WSF file.  All I get
> is the usual

Not sure, but this may be equivalent to //D and be overriding the
command line entirely.

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:51:01 GMT

1. script debugger stopped working

2. Script Debugger not working after VID 6.0

3. ANN: Working Script Debugger for IE5

4. Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

5. Did Script Debugger Stop Working?

6. Script Debugger not working after VID 6.0

7. Scripting 5.5: Which Debugger works ?

8. Script debugger still won't work

9. ANN: Working Script Debugger for IE5

10. Script Debugger not working after VID 6.0

11. ANN: Working Script Debugger for IE5

12. Script Debugger not working in WSF