Setting File-Owner via WSH ?
Author Message
 Setting File-Owner via WSH ?

Hi !

setting:  windows2000 with ads

ive a Filesystem where almost 75% have the admin as a file-owner.

is there a smal (wsh prefered) tool arroung, or at least some code s{*filter*}s
?

i want to select the directory via a explorer-like windows, select the user
(*) from a second window.
two needed options:
- include subfolder/files
- only change, where admin is owner

any hint would be nice...

(*)  would it be possible to set the owner to a usergroup ?

cu
ralf

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:03:45 GMT
 Setting File-Owner via WSH ?
"windows2000 with ads"

More ads?

Quote:
> Hi !

> setting:  windows2000 with ads

> ive a Filesystem where almost 75% have the admin as a file-owner.

> is there a smal (wsh prefered) tool arroung, or at least some code
s{*filter*}s
> ?

> i want to select the directory via a explorer-like windows, select the
user
> (*) from a second window.
> two needed options:
> - include subfolder/files
> - only change, where admin is owner

> any hint would be nice...

> (*)  would it be possible to set the owner to a usergroup ?

> cu
> ralf

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:14:19 GMT
 Setting File-Owner via WSH ?

Quote:

> "windows2000 with ads"

> More ads?

He must not be using the paid version.

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:56:11 GMT
 Setting File-Owner via WSH ?

Quote:

>>"windows2000 with ads"

>>More ads?

> He must not be using the paid version.

I think its adsi, not ads...
Hmm, makes me laugh come to think of it...

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:13:18 GMT

1. Reading file owner via WSH

2. Set Owner of Files and Directorys

3. set current folder via WSH

4. Change the proxy setting in IE via WSH?

5. Set owner permissions in exchange 5.5 with Vbscripting

6. Setting proxy settings on IE6 via script

7. File download via IE using WSH

8. zipping a file via vb and wsh

9. Problems with writing to a text file via WSH

10. obtaining the owner of a file

11. NTFS file owner from VBScript

12. file owner