Event Log
Author Message
 Event Log

Is there a way to write more detail to the Event Log then
using WshShell.LogEvent 4, "Script started."
It only sets the type field, but I need to simulate
events, where I can set Event ID and Source ID as well as
type. I found some code on msdn, but I can't compile it.
Thanks

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:14:03 GMT
 Event Log
Not from script...

I'm curious, where did you pull the code from on MSDN?

Quote:
> Is there a way to write more detail to the Event Log then
> using WshShell.LogEvent 4, "Script started."
> It only sets the type field, but I need to simulate
> events, where I can set Event ID and Source ID as well as
> type. I found some code on msdn, but I can't compile it.
> Thanks

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:25:29 GMT
 Event Log

:: Not from script...
::
:: I'm curious, where did you pull the code from on MSDN?

HOWTO: Write to the Windows NT Event Log from Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q154576

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:14:26 GMT
 Event Log
Found a couple of other links like that, too.  Looks like your source ID is
restricted no matter what.

:: Not from script...
::
:: I'm curious, where did you pull the code from on MSDN?

HOWTO: Write to the Windows NT Event Log from Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q154576

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:17:24 GMT
 Event Log

Quote:
> > Not from script...

> from PerlScript you can do it....

> Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

> http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

> Host with me for $100 a year!
> http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:25:10 GMT

1. Logging to system event logs...

2. How-to: Log to NT Event Log

3. How to Retrieve Events For One Day From An Event Log on Windows 2000/NT

4. Write events to the event log ?

5. Retrieve Events For One Day from an Event Log

6. Event ID in Event Logs

7. Windows 2000/NT Event log monitoring

8. System event logs

9. Backing up the Event Log to a central location

10. WMI, Reading Event Log Entries is VERY slow!

11. Event logging for VB application using VBScript

12. need help with my event log monitoring script