How can I retreive all the software installed from a client using WSH and WMI to store this in in a file ?
Author Message
 How can I retreive all the software installed from a client using WSH and WMI to store this in in a file ?

Hi,

How can I retreive all the software installed from a client using WSH and WMI to store this in in a text or *.csv file ?

As we don't use SMS to make an inventory of soft- & hardware, I would like to use a script that first :

- installs the WMICORE.exe with admin. privileges onto the client, using a logon script

- change the login script after a period and add the WSH script as logon to retreive all the system information (software installed, hardware available, hostname, etc.)

Did someone already done this ? I'm rather new in WSH and can't find my way out on making this script !!!!

Great thanks to all of you !!!

B.

Sun, 09 May 2004 05:53:02 GMT
 How can I retreive all the software installed from a client using WSH and WMI to store this in in a file ?

For inventory to a csv file, search for: poor mans sms

at Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
http://cwashington.netreach.net

for a very good example of this written by Steve Pyatt.

To do software inventory, take a look at this thread:

Subject: Get Software List on Add/Remove Programs (in Control Panel)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
Date: 2001-11-12 23:15:22 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

--
torgeir

Quote:

> Hi,

> How can I retreive all the software installed from a client using WSH and WMI
> to store this in in a text or *.csv file ?

> As we don't use SMS to make an inventory of soft- & hardware, I would like to
> use a script that first :

> - installs the WMICORE.exe with admin. privileges onto the client, using a
> logon script

> - change the login script after a period and add the WSH script as logon to
> retreive all the system information (software installed, hardware available,
> hostname, etc.)

> Did someone already done this ? I'm rather new in WSH and can't find my way
> out on making this script !!!!

> Great thanks to all of you !!!

> B.

Sun, 09 May 2004 06:34:04 GMT

1. Getting List of Installed Software REMOTELY from NT systems without using WMI

2. Install software using WMI Win32_Process

3. Using WMI to install software while impersonating admin account

4. WMI - Installed software

5. WMI to install Software

6. Using WMI to locate hardware after ghost (and install drivers)

7. Cecking if WSH/VBSCRIPT is installed on the client

8. Installing WSH to clients

9. WSH for login scripts - installing on client

10. Error while installing WSH on clients

11. Installing WSH on the client machine

12. Strange behavior of VBscript/WMI into ASP (compared to VBscript/WMI into client-side application)