Uninstall apps using VBS
Author Message
 Uninstall apps using VBS

Can anyone send me in the right direction of uninstalling applications from
Win9x machines?  I need to uninstall 5+ applications from well over 200
machines.  Is their a way to execute the uninstall?  Thanks

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:05:12 GMT
 Uninstall apps using VBS

Quote:

>Can anyone send me in the right direction of uninstalling
applications from
>Win9x machines?  I need to uninstall 5+ applications from
well over 200
>machines.  Is their a way to execute the uninstall?

(Having problems with my newsserver, this may be a double
posting)

Usually, yes.

Are you talking about an unattended uninstall? In that
case, it depends on what install "engine" that has been
used for the install by the developers of the
applications. If it is a e.g. InstallShield or Microsoft
MSI install, an unattended install should be possible.

In worst case, you will need to do a "manually" cleanup
from a script, deleting menu icons, folders and maybe
registry entries using WSH/VBScript (or JScript) methods.

If you list here what applications you are talking about
and what the UninstallString value data are for each
application under
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall,
it would be easier to see if I could give you some more
specific help.

--
torgeir

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:33:36 GMT
 Uninstall apps using VBS

Quote:

> Can anyone send me in the right direction of uninstalling applications from
> Win9x machines?  I need to uninstall 5+ applications from well over 200
> machines.  Is their a way to execute the uninstall?

Usually, yes.

Are you talking about an unattended uninstall? In that case, it depends on what
install "engine" that has been used for the install by the developers of the
applications. If it is a e.g. InstallShield or Microsoft MSI install, a
unattended install should be possible.

In worst case, you will need to do a "manually" cleanup from a script, deleting
menu icons, folders and maybe registry entries using WSH/VBScript (or JScript)
methods.

If you list here what applications you are talking about and what the
UninstallString value data are for each application under
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, it would be easier to
see if I could give you some more specific help.

--
torgeir

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:38:25 GMT

1. HELP: how to control a v.old dos app using WSH/VBS

2. using WSH to uninstall programs (add/remove programs)

3. Running an app with vbs

4. launch vbs script from a hta app?

5. Want to kill an app in a .vbs

6. Equal app.path in vbs?

7. APPEND APP PATH with VBS

8. running external apps via a vbs script.

9. How to pass back variables from called vbs from vbs using wsh

10. launch an app using file returned from cgi

11. Problem using ScriptControl from non-MFC C++ app

12. convert vb app to be used on inernet