Adding domain users to Local Administrators
Author Message
 Adding domain users to Local Administrators

Hi,

I am trying to create a script to add a user to the local administrators
group at logon time.

Unfortunately, the script cannot work because the users are not domain
admins.

Has anyone managed to achieve this ?

Many thanks,
William King

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:55:39 GMT
 Adding domain users to Local Administrators
Please note, the user I want to add is the user being logged on, not a
specific user.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to create a script to add a user to the local administrators
> group at logon time.

> Unfortunately, the script cannot work because the users are not domain
> admins.

> Has anyone managed to achieve this ?

> Many thanks,
> William King

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:57:46 GMT
 Adding domain users to Local Administrators
I think that you shouldn't do this, because is like a user
that has no administrative privilege attemp to have this
privilege...

Anyway, you have almost 2 possibilities to do this:

1) you can write a .bat file that use the runas command to
call your script (if you have Win 2000/XP);
2) You have the possibility that use WMI too (using a
locator instead a moniker to connect to WMI, this permit
you to set the username and password to connect), but you
should write the administration password into the
script... and sincerelly i think that the risk for the
security with both solutions is too high...

regards,

Pablo

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:18:11 GMT
 Adding domain users to Local Administrators
Is there no way to encrypt the administrator password in a script?

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:52:40 GMT
 Adding domain users to Local Administrators

Quote:

> Is there no way to encrypt the administrator password in a script?

Hi

Some 3rd party RunAs solution that "hides" (encrypt) username/password are
listed in the link below (buy solutions). Can be run from network shares, so
nothing needs to be installed on the client computers.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3E272913.27CBE26D%40hydro.com

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:18:01 GMT

1. Adding domain groups to gthe local administrator group

2. Adding a domain group to local administrators group

3. How can I add a Domain Account to the Local Administrators Group

4. add user to local win2k administrator group

5. Add domain user to local PC Admins group?

6. Script that remotely moves local users from Administrators to Power Users group

7. Script that remotely moves local users from Administrators to Power Users group

8. VB script: adding AD group to local administrators group

9. Removing local Administrator account from Administrators group

10. Add Domain Users Group to Powe Users Group in Script

11. how to add a user to Local Administrator group on local PC?

12. How to delete the current logged user and the Domain Users from the Administrators Group from the local machine