HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
Author Message
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP

Hi,
I don't want to use the same script in ASP as in WSH, but call a WSH object
from an ASP page. How can i do that ?

Alexandre De Pril

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
You should be able to do this...

<%
Dim WSHShell
Set WSHShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

TagNo=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\")
TagDate=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\TagDate\")

response.write......

Regards
Ian
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
Collaborate Today http://collaborate.glazier.co.nz

Quote:
>Hi,
>I don't want to use the same script in ASP as in WSH, but call a WSH object
>from an ASP page. How can i do that ?

>Alexandre De Pril

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
Hello Ian,

 this will NOT work under IIS/NT, because the
regsitry key is opened with write permissions.
The IIS (IWAM) must have admin privs to
do so.

 I fumbled a whole day with it. Finally I set
notifications on the whole registry and saw
this restriction.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

Phone : +49-621-37 53 86
(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:

>You should be able to do this...

><%
>Dim WSHShell
>Set WSHShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

>TagNo=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\")
>TagDate=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\TagDate\")

>response.write......

>Regards
>Ian
>WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
>Collaborate Today http://collaborate.glazier.co.nz

>>Hi,
>>I don't want to use the same script in ASP as in WSH, but call a WSH object
>>from an ASP page. How can i do that ?

>>Alexandre De Pril

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
OK. I presumed it was some kind of administrators ASP page and that NT
Authentication was the only option enabled on the IIS site. If the WEB
browser is running under a domain admin account and has logon localy
rights on the IIS server it should work.

Regards,
Ian

Quote:
Posted At: Tuesday, 16 February 1999 11:02
Posted To: wsh
Conversation: HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
Subject: Re: HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP

Hello Ian,

 this will NOT work under IIS/NT, because the
regsitry key is opened with write permissions.
The IIS (IWAM) must have admin privs to
do so.

 I fumbled a whole day with it. Finally I set
notifications on the whole registry and saw
this restriction.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

Phone : +49-621-37 53 86
(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

>You should be able to do this...

><%
>Dim WSHShell
>Set WSHShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

>TagNo=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\")
>TagDate=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\TagDate\")

>response.write......

>Regards
>Ian
>WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
>Collaborate Today http://collaborate.glazier.co.nz

>>Hi,
>>I don't want to use the same script in ASP as in WSH, but call a WSH
object
>>from an ASP page. How can i do that ?

>>Alexandre De Pril

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP
OK. I presumed it was some kind of administrators ASP page and that NT
Authentication was the only option enabled on the IIS site. If the WEB
browser is running under a domain admin account and has logon localy
rights on the IIS server it should work.

Regards,
Ian

Quote:
Posted At: Tuesday, 16 February 1999 11:02
Posted To: wsh
Conversation: HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP

Hello Ian,

 this will NOT work under IIS/NT, because the
regsitry key is opened with write permissions.
The IIS (IWAM) must have admin privs to
do so.

 I fumbled a whole day with it. Finally I set
notifications on the whole registry and saw
this restriction.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

Phone : +49-621-37 53 86
(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

>You should be able to do this...

><%
>Dim WSHShell
>Set WSHShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

>TagNo=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\")
>TagDate=WSHShell.RegRead ("HKLM\0TAG\TagDate\")

>response.write......

>Regards
>Ian
>WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
>Collaborate Today http://collaborate.glazier.co.nz

>>Hi,
>>I don't want to use the same script in ASP as in WSH, but call a WSH
object
>>from an ASP page. How can i do that ?

>>Alexandre De Pril

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling wsh objects within asp

2. WSH calls VBA or VBA calls WSH

3. How to use WSH object in js file called from Html file

4. Cannot call WSH WSC object from SQL Server 2K

5. no results-call asp pg using WSH

6. How do you call an asp page using wsh

7. Calling WSH from ASP

8. call an ASP file from wsh?

9. Calling a COM object in ASP

10. Call Object into ASP

11. Problems with ASP calling VB.NET object

12. Calling an MTS object from ASP