Restricting users to a website
Author Message
 Restricting users to a website

hi,
I am bit knew to this WSH ...I was told that you can restrict users to
a particular website based upon their username or groups which they
belong...is it possible through WSH???
We are running ,NT4.0 Server and MS proxy 2.0...we got 2 groups
Internet and internal ...we need users in Internet to be able to surf
the web ....where as users in Internal has to be restricted to a
particular website only..
any suggestions???

thanks
chanakya

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:50:19 GMT
 Restricting users to a website
That will probably be much simpler to do through the use of the proxy server
itself; it's already designed to work for those kinds of tasks.

Quote:
> hi,
> I am bit knew to this WSH ...I was told that you can restrict users to
> a particular website based upon their username or groups which they
> belong...is it possible through WSH???
> We are running ,NT4.0 Server and MS proxy 2.0...we got 2 groups
> Internet and internal ...we need users in Internet to be able to surf
> the web ....where as users in Internal has to be restricted to a
> particular website only..
> any suggestions???

> thanks
> chanakya

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:00:38 GMT

1. Restrict No Of Users

2. How do I restrict Netscape users from browsing my page

3. Help to restrict user not to change color of multiple rows

4. website for managing users

5. How do I save a file back to our website as a user

6. IIS-Adding Users, Setting Permissions, FTP/Website tasks

7. Restrict access via code to URL Address link in IE5 or IE55

8. Restricted to use Variant Datatypes.

9. Restricting a Link to a specific URL Address in code

10. show programmatically filtered/restricted collection

11. Problems with .Restrict method.....

12. Pointing to TXT files for restricting access