Installing WSH on 1,000 workstations
Author Message
 Installing WSH on 1,000 workstations

Hello all.  My environment is AD in mixed mode, with W2k, NT4, and
W9x.
I recently used Kixtart to allow Win 9x machines to use scripts based
on group memberships. I did some reading and understand that WSH is
more powerful, but it needs to be installed.  Is it as easy as putting
it into a logon script?  Also, I noticed a different version of WSH
for W2K, I guess this means scipt logic based on OS.

Any ideas or suggestions for deploying WSH would be appreciated.

Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:21:25 GMT
 Installing WSH on 1,000 workstations
You can instal on as many workstations as you want
as long your are not expecting such as a wsh property.

-----

There hardly is a detour around the well documented
help from fellow posters over the years.

------------

"Kixtart", this may well be a Novell or some other kind of

migration thing that is not automatically recognized as

of the windows root.

Quote:
> Hello all.  My environment is AD in mixed mode, with W2k, NT4, and
> W9x.
> I recently used Kixtart to allow Win 9x machines to use scripts based
> on group memberships. I did some reading and understand that WSH is
> more powerful, but it needs to be installed.  Is it as easy as putting
> it into a logon script?  Also, I noticed a different version of WSH
> for W2K, I guess this means scipt logic based on OS.

> Any ideas or suggestions for deploying WSH would be appreciated.

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:38:39 GMT

1. Can you install WSH on a Windows NT Workstation

2. Install WSH on _ALL_ workstations?

3. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

4. Installing XPrint on each workstation

5. Installing printers via vbscript onto an w95 workstation

6. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

7. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

8. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

9. INF Install Failure when install WSH on WIN2000

10. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

11. after installing WSH on NT4, WSH won`t work

12. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH