WSH & SQL Server & Jobs
Author Message
 WSH & SQL Server & Jobs

Hi,

I have a basic script that reads as follows:

Dim FSO
Dim Folder

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder("//MyServerZ/MyShare")

WScript.Echo Err.Number & " " & Err.Description

When I goto the machine running SQL Server logged on as the SQL Server
service account, open up a command window and run this script, it works.
When I schedule this to run as a job in SQL Server, it fails with the
following error "76 path not found".

What am I doing wrong??

TIA,
Tom

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 04:59:31 GMT
 WSH & SQL Server & Jobs
I'd say that the job run in SQL Server is running under an account that doesn't have network access
rights and/or insufficient NT permissions to access either the share point and/or the NTFS file
system folder to which the share is mapped...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,

> I have a basic script that reads as follows:

> Dim FSO
> Dim Folder

> Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder("//MyServerZ/MyShare")

> WScript.Echo Err.Number & " " & Err.Description

> When I goto the machine running SQL Server logged on as the SQL Server
> service account, open up a command window and run this script, it works.
> When I schedule this to run as a job in SQL Server, it fails with the
> following error "76 path not found".

> What am I doing wrong??

> TIA,
> Tom

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:36:00 GMT

1. Mac&StyleScript&EPS&ClarisWorks&Ill7

2. JScript, pIE, PocketPC & SQL Server CE

3. SQL Server & password

4. VBScript & SQL Server

5. Terminal Server & WSH

6. VBScript to run a job in SQL Server 7.0

7. Scripting in SQL Server jobs

8. Start/Stop SQL Server job from vbs script

9. Scripting in SQL Server jobs

10. filtering B&W jobs on a color Postcript Printer

11. Question about <tr><td> insertRow

12. SQL & Textbox Object