Disabling this message from IE 5.x?
Author Message
 Disabling this message from IE 5.x?

I've wrote down a javascript into html document for IE 5.x
invoking the ActiveX WScript.Shell but when the user open
the document IE show the message:

Some software (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe.
It is recommended that you not run it. Do you want to allow it to run?

I tried changing the security level to the lowest and changing all the
security settings values to enable but the message didn't disappear
and I didn't find something like that in the advanced tab

I like to take the risk. How can I disable this message? Thanks!

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 05:41:35 GMT
 Disabling this message from IE 5.x?

Note: You are getting the prompt rather than a failure but the issues are the same. Also, JScript's new ActiveXObject and VBScript's CreateObject are equivalent.

Q195826 - PRB: CreateObject Fails from Client-Side Scripts
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q195/8/26.ASP

You can use any COM object inside IE hosted script provided you want to deal with the hassles of the IE enforced security model regarding "unsafe ActiveX...". Whether the user allows this is strictly up to them. There is no way to do this silently without some prior acknowledgement and permission from the end user...

Or you can simply use HTAs instead - as simple as saving the file with .hta instead of .htm as the extension. .hta files are hosted by mshta.exe rather than iexplore.exe, and have a security model comparable to a conventional Windows desktop application. Of course accepting and executing an HTA is also up to the end user...

If this is local HTML, then see the attachment...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Quote:

> I've wrote down a javascript into html document for IE 5.x
> invoking the ActiveX WScript.Shell but when the user open
> the document IE show the message:

> Some software (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe.
> It is recommended that you not run it. Do you want to allow it to run?

> I tried changing the security level to the lowest and changing all the
> security settings values to enable but the message didn't disappear
> and I didn't find something like that in the advanced tab

> I like to take the risk. How can I disable this message? Thanks!

  ShowMyComputerZone.txt
1K Download

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:30:23 GMT
 Disabling this message from IE 5.x?

Quote:
> I've wrote down a javascript into html document for IE 5.x
> invoking the ActiveX WScript.Shell but when the user open
> the document IE show the message:

> Some software (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe.
> It is recommended that you not run it. Do you want to allow it to run?

> I tried changing the security level to the lowest and changing all the
> security settings values to enable but the message didn't disappear
> and I didn't find something like that in the advanced tab

> I like to take the risk. How can I disable this message? Thanks!

You need to change the settings in the correct zone which is indicated in
the bottom right of the browser. Probably the setting for: Initialize and
script ActiveX controls not marked safe for scripting.

Joe

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:40:24 GMT

1. Disable Ghostscript output messages (flush)

2. How to disable warning messages when accessing disk (from JScipt)

3. disable IE 5 button

4. Guru required - Disable back button in IE

5. Disable close button IE-window

6. How To: Disable IE menu options

7. disable IE back button

8. Disable NN 4.6- IE 3.0- Opera

9. Disable IE offer to rememeber password

10. Disabling IE Keyboard Shortcuts

11. Disabling the back and forward buttons (IE/Netscape)

12. How do I disable titlebar gadgets in IE?