Does anyone have any suggestions for initiating a silent install of an MSI
package through a VBScript? I've done it through batch files and KiXtart
scripts, but it's kinda messy. Any suggestions appreciated!

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:09:26 GMT
 Installing MSI packages

Quote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for initiating a silent install of an MSI
> package through a VBScript? I've done it through batch files and KiXtart
> scripts, but it's kinda messy. Any suggestions appreciated!

Hi

Take a look at this article:

Subject: HOWTO: Check return values, boot status and (de)install status of MSI
installations (Was: Problem with VBScript SUB for uninstalling .MSI packages)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.msi, microsoft.public.win2000.msi,
microsoft.public.scripting.wsh, microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,
microsoft.public.sms.installer
Date: 2001-08-01 19:10:29 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

--
torgeir

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:14:26 GMT

1. HOWTO: Check return values, boot status and (de)install status of MSI installations (Was: Problem with VBScript SUB for uninstalling .MSI packages)

2. HOWTO: Check return values, boot status and (de)install status of MSI installations (Was: Problem with VBScript SUB for uninstalling .MSI packages)

3. JScript from an msi, Windows Installer package

4. creating msi package

5. Problem with VBScript SUB for uninstalling .MSI packages

6. Problem with VBScript SUB for uninstalling .MSI packages

7. Writing scripts for installing .msi files

8. Installing applications remotely with WMI and MSI

9. scripten.msi MSI Installer would be very nice

10. Looking for Win2k script to install Component Server Packages

11. Problems installing packaged application

12. Problem with GetObject after installing NT Security Rollup Package (SRP)