Script debugger won't start
Author Message
 Script debugger won't start

When I've installed WSH 5.6, it used the de{*filter*} from MS Development
environment, MSE.EXE
for //X  option. ( I guess it came with MS Office or MSDN Library).
After updating Office 2000 to SR1 and SP2, this de{*filter*} no longer starts
via //X .
JIT is enabled in MSE options and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Script\Settings.

How to get the MSE de{*filter*} working?
Are there other good de{*filter*}s?  (besides of the old MS one from MSDN
scripting site -
it it even worse than MSE)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--PA

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 04:04:02 GMT
 Script debugger won't start

Well... let me ask this in a different way...
Suppose you have Win2k Pro, WSH 5.6 and Office 2000. The script de{*filter*} of
win2k is not installed.
How do you persuade WSH to use script de{*filter*} of the Office 2000?

Quote:
> When I've installed WSH 5.6, it used the de{*filter*} from MS Development
> environment, MSE.EXE
> for file://X  option. ( I guess it came with MS Office or MSDN Library).
> After updating Office 2000 to SR1 and SP2, this de{*filter*} no longer starts
> via file://X .
> JIT is enabled in MSE options and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> Script\Settings.

> How to get the MSE de{*filter*} working?
> Are there other good de{*filter*}s?  (besides of the old MS one from MSDN
> scripting site -
> it it even worse than MSE)

> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> --PA

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:41:23 GMT
 Script debugger won't start

Two hunches about this... the script de{*filter*} really *should* work the way you describe it being set up.

The first thing - you might want to try re-installing WSH 5.6.   It is possible that the Office update "broke" the version somehow and rolled it back, or at least did something to the registry values.

The second is that you may want to try to run a repair on your Office install.

I can't say for sure that this will work since I haven't see that particular problem crop up before.

  Well... let me ask this in a different way...
  Suppose you have Win2k Pro, WSH 5.6 and Office 2000. The script de{*filter*} of win2k is not installed.
  How do you persuade WSH to use script de{*filter*} of the Office 2000?

  > When I've installed WSH 5.6, it used the de{*filter*} from MS Development
  > environment, MSE.EXE
  > for file://X  option. ( I guess it came with MS Office or MSDN Library).
  > After updating Office 2000 to SR1 and SP2, this de{*filter*} no longer starts
  > via file://X .
  > JIT is enabled in MSE options and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
  > Script\Settings.
  >
  > How to get the MSE de{*filter*} working?
  > Are there other good de{*filter*}s?  (besides of the old MS one from MSDN
  > scripting site -
  > it it even worse than MSE)
  >
  > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  >
  > --PA

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 02:16:31 GMT
 Script debugger won't start

If the script de{*filter*}, doesn't work from office either, I would say reinstall it.

Jesse

  Two hunches about this... the script de{*filter*} really *should* work the way you describe it being set up.

  The first thing - you might want to try re-installing WSH 5.6.   It is possible that the Office update "broke" the version somehow and rolled it back, or at least did something to the registry values.

  The second is that you may want to try to run a repair on your Office install.

  I can't say for sure that this will work since I haven't see that particular problem crop up before.

    Well... let me ask this in a different way...
    Suppose you have Win2k Pro, WSH 5.6 and Office 2000. The script de{*filter*} of win2k is not installed.
    How do you persuade WSH to use script de{*filter*} of the Office 2000?

    > When I've installed WSH 5.6, it used the de{*filter*} from MS Development
    > environment, MSE.EXE
    > for file://X  option. ( I guess it came with MS Office or MSDN Library).
    > After updating Office 2000 to SR1 and SP2, this de{*filter*} no longer starts
    > via file://X .
    > JIT is enabled in MSE options and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    > Script\Settings.
    >
    > How to get the MSE de{*filter*} working?
    > Are there other good de{*filter*}s?  (besides of the old MS one from MSDN
    > scripting site -
    > it it even worse than MSE)
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --PA

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:51:53 GMT

1. MS Script Debugger won't start

2. Debugger won't start

3. Script Debugger won't install

4. Script debugger won't show included files

5. Script debugger still won't work

6. Script Debugger won't install

7. Windows Script Debugger: won't open

8. Cannot Start debugging .vbs-Script in MS Script Debugger

9. Debugger won't do VBScript, only JScript

10. Debugger Won't

11. MSE won't start

12. Debugging -Starting Microsoft Script Debugger