NT 4.0, user groups, PDC's, BDC's and IsMember
Author Message
 NT 4.0, user groups, PDC's, BDC's and IsMember

Previously:
Urgent
I am using adsi 2.0 and VBScript 3.1 on NT 4.0. I am trying to read what
group the user is in. I can use create object to create a domain object
but not a group object. When
try to run the following line of code I get the following error.

set GrpObj=GetObject("WinNT://Domainname/groupname")

File name or class name not found during Automation operation Getobject.

Now:
Really Urgent (911)
This code works just fine on my PDC. On the BDC I still get the same error.

The BDC is a seperate server connected to the BDC via modem(not a LAN
or WAN). Even if I am connected to the server via the modem, I still get
this
error. Since I am working on the BDC and other machines connected to the
BDC(via a LAN), Should I maybe be pointing the GetObject to another place?

Need help ASAP

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT 4.0, user groups, PDC's, BDC's and IsMember
go to

http://sams.prohosting.com/cwashington/

there is a sample script for your problem  (u need to install the ADSI,
thats avaialable at that site too )

chriz

Quote:

> Previously:
> Urgent
> I am using adsi 2.0 and vbscript 3.1 on NT 4.0. I am trying to read what
> group the user is in. I can use create object to create a domain object
> but not a group object. When
> try to run the following line of code I get the following error.

> set GrpObj=GetObject("WinNT://Domainname/groupname")

> File name or class name not found during Automation operation Getobject.

> Now:
> Really Urgent (911)
> This code works just fine on my PDC. On the BDC I still get the same error.

> The BDC is a seperate server connected to the BDC via modem(not a LAN
> or WAN). Even if I am connected to the server via the modem, I still get
> this
> error. Since I am working on the BDC and other machines connected to the
> BDC(via a LAN), Should I maybe be pointing the GetObject to another place?

> Need help ASAP

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Capturing logged-on user's Group Membership on NT 4 Network

2. Logon Script - Synchronizing Time with a Nt 4.0 PDC

3. Can't run an NT 4.0 VBScript at Startup -- Event ID 1000

4. why doesn't this script run on NT 4.0

5. How to use ADSI to get name of BDC or PDC

6. IsMember - I don't get it

7. enumerating membership of groups by the user's token

8. Getting user's groups/SRP

9. Getting user's groups

10. Can't add user to a global group

11. Logon scripts specific to a user's domain group

12. How to capture user's NT login?