Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Author Message
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?

Hi.
Is start new project which will be based on WSH scripts. So, I'm never do
this one as the same size (It will be really large project) like will be
next time. Tipically I done this code using Notepad, but now it's not the
reason because the size of the project... So, I'm really do't know is
Microsoft provide some enviropment to develop WSHs? I know the VS7 can do
it, but it's the beta now and at the this moment I do't like install this
one.

Tipically I develop my projects in Visual Studio (VC++, VB, InterDev). But
VS6 do't provide any possibility create WSHs. Or maybe I'm not understand
something? I'm interesting some solution which provide functionality like
IntellySense.

So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

--

Sincerely German
================

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:07:15 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?

Quote:

> So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

Hi

You could take a look at this message:

Subject: Re: VB Script Editor?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript
Date: 2002-01-11 04:40:30 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

--
torgeir

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:00:33 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Alredy done it. :-)
And I find some interesting material on MSDN using google search.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q249024
Maybe for somebody it will be interesting.
I just wondering why I can't find this material using search engine on MSDN
web side. I think that guys develope real ugly engine to search... :-(((

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:

> > So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> Hi

> You could take a look at this message:

> Subject: Re: VB Script Editor?
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> Date: 2002-01-11 04:40:30 PST

> You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

> --
> torgeir

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:42:40 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Wait a minute!!!
What about debugging? The IntellySense is nice but what about debugging? I
can't run it under InterDev and control step by step...
Any idea?

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:

> > So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> Hi

> You could take a look at this message:

> Subject: Re: VB Script Editor?
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> Date: 2002-01-11 04:40:30 PST

> You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

> --
> torgeir

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:57:39 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
LOL -
Yes, Koninin...

After I did a couple of Google searches I always went back there for
ANY MSDN searches.  Google knows more about what Microsoft has than
Microsoft does.

Quote:
> Alredy done it. :-)
> And I find some interesting material on MSDN using google search.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q249024
> Maybe for somebody it will be interesting.
> I just wondering why I can't find this material using search engine
on MSDN
> web side. I think that guys develope real ugly engine to search...
:-(((

> --

> Sincerely German
> ================
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

> > > So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> > Hi

> > You could take a look at this message:

> > Subject: Re: VB Script Editor?
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> > Date: 2002-01-11 04:40:30 PST

> > You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to
fetch it :-)

> > --
> > torgeir

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:32:15 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
VS7 is not beta. It has been released!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
MSDN subscribers can download it now.

Regards,
Ian
WSH fAQ http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript

Quote:
> Hi.
> Is start new project which will be based on WSH scripts. So, I'm never do
> this one as the same size (It will be really large project) like will be
> next time. Tipically I done this code using Notepad, but now it's not the
> reason because the size of the project... So, I'm really do't know is
> Microsoft provide some enviropment to develop WSHs? I know the VS7 can do
> it, but it's the beta now and at the this moment I do't like install this
> one.

> Tipically I develop my projects in Visual Studio (VC++, VB, InterDev). But
> VS6 do't provide any possibility create WSHs. Or maybe I'm not understand
> something? I'm interesting some solution which provide functionality like
> IntellySense.

> So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> --

> Sincerely German
> ================
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:23:22 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Amen to that!
 And the 20-30 second page-load times are not a very good ad for ASP. I'm
hoping they'll ask Davecentral.com for the code to their quick tree index!

> LOL -
> Yes, Koninin...

> After I did a couple of Google searches I always went back there for
> ANY MSDN searches.  Google knows more about what Microsoft has than
> Microsoft does.

> > Alredy done it. :-)
> > And I find some interesting material on MSDN using google search.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q249024
> > Maybe for somebody it will be interesting.
> > I just wondering why I can't find this material using search engine
> on MSDN
> > web side. I think that guys develope real ugly engine to search...
> :-(((

> > --

> > Sincerely German
> > ================
> > "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> > Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

> > > Hi

> > > You could take a look at this message:

> > > Subject: Re: VB Script Editor?
> > > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> > > Date: 2002-01-11 04:40:30 PST

> > > You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to
> fetch it :-)

> > > --
> > > torgeir

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 03:10:09 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?

Quote:

> Wait a minute!!!
> What about debugging? The IntellySense is nice but what about debugging? I
> can't run it under InterDev and control step by step...
> Any idea?

Hi

Are you talking about MS Script De{*filter*}:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Here is a tutorial/demo with screenshots where PrimalScript Editor interfaces
with the Script De{*filter*}:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/tutorial_debugging.html

--
torgeir

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:42:33 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
PrimalScript

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:03:04 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Sorry, I do't like to use any "third" applications. The choice is always
Microsoft Dev tools...

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:

> > Wait a minute!!!
> > What about debugging? The IntellySense is nice but what about debugging?
> > can't run it under InterDev and control step by step...
> > Any idea?

> Hi

> Are you talking about MS Script De{*filter*}:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
=28001169
Quote:

> Here is a tutorial/demo with screenshots where PrimalScript Editor
interfaces
> with the Script De{*filter*}:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/tutorial_debugging.html

> --
> torgeir

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:12:34 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
I know.
The process of downloading is under way... :-))
But actually I'm worry about compatibility my scripts wich I create in VS7
and Windows Scripting 5.6. Is it real  compatible or which virtual machine
use VS7 when I'm develope something there? If it file with .WSH or .WSC
extention which kernel will be use to run it .NET or normal WS 5.6 virtual
machine?

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:
> VS7 is not beta. It has been released!
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
> MSDN subscribers can download it now.

> Regards,
> Ian
> WSH fAQ http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript

> > Hi.
> > Is start new project which will be based on WSH scripts. So, I'm never
do
> > this one as the same size (It will be really large project) like will be
> > next time. Tipically I done this code using Notepad, but now it's not
the
> > reason because the size of the project... So, I'm really do't know is
> > Microsoft provide some enviropment to develop WSHs? I know the VS7 can
do
> > it, but it's the beta now and at the this moment I do't like install
this
> > one.

> > Tipically I develop my projects in Visual Studio (VC++, VB, InterDev).
But
> > VS6 do't provide any possibility create WSHs. Or maybe I'm not
understand
> > something? I'm interesting some solution which provide functionality
like
> > IntellySense.

> > So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> > --

> > Sincerely German
> > ================
> > "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> > Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:16:49 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Hi

Well, the MS Script De{*filter*} is a MS Dev tool.

--
torgeir

Quote:

> Sorry, I do't like to use any "third" applications. The choice is always
> Microsoft Dev tools...

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:11:13 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
But script de{*filter*} can only work with ASP or scripts included in HTML page.
I do't know how to debug my .WSF file. And I'm not find any info on MSDN.
Just only about ASP debugging.

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:
> Hi

> Well, the MS Script De{*filter*} is a MS Dev tool.

> --
> torgeir

> > Sorry, I do't like to use any "third" applications. The choice is always
> > Microsoft Dev tools...

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:08:46 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
You can still debug WSF/WSC files with InterDev, you just have to launch them outside InterDev using the //X or //D switch.

The registry hack to enable syntax coloring and IntelliSense works because it makes InterDev treat them as if they were conventional HTML files.  So trying to run them from InterDev launches them in the browser instead of using wscript/cscript as the host...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> But script de{*filter*} can only work with ASP or scripts included in HTML page.
> I do't know how to debug my .WSF file. And I'm not find any info on MSDN.
> Just only about ASP debugging.

> --

> Sincerely German
> ================
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

> > Hi

> > Well, the MS Script De{*filter*} is a MS Dev tool.

> > --
> > torgeir

> > > Sorry, I do't like to use any "third" applications. The choice is always
> > > Microsoft Dev tools...

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:38:57 GMT
 Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?
Even if you install VS.Net, the host for .wsf/.vbs/.js executed as standalone script files is still wscript/cscript.exe.

There is a WSH.Net host at least in the MS planning stages.  Feature set and possible release date have not been publicized, but you can be reasonably certain it won't be soon.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I know.
> The process of downloading is under way... :-))
> But actually I'm worry about compatibility my scripts wich I create in VS7
> and Windows Scripting 5.6. Is it real  compatible or which virtual machine
> use VS7 when I'm develope something there? If it file with .WSH or .WSC
> extention which kernel will be use to run it .NET or normal WS 5.6 virtual
> machine?

> --

> Sincerely German
> ================
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

> > VS7 is not beta. It has been released!
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
> > MSDN subscribers can download it now.

> > Regards,
> > Ian
> > WSH fAQ http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript

> > > Hi.
> > > Is start new project which will be based on WSH scripts. So, I'm never
> do
> > > this one as the same size (It will be really large project) like will be
> > > next time. Tipically I done this code using Notepad, but now it's not
> the
> > > reason because the size of the project... So, I'm really do't know is
> > > Microsoft provide some enviropment to develop WSHs? I know the VS7 can
> do
> > > it, but it's the beta now and at the this moment I do't like install
> this
> > > one.

> > > Tipically I develop my projects in Visual Studio (VC++, VB, InterDev).
> But
> > > VS6 do't provide any possibility create WSHs. Or maybe I'm not
> understand
> > > something? I'm interesting some solution which provide functionality
> like
> > > IntellySense.

> > > So, in which enviropment you guys develop your scripts?

> > > --

> > > Sincerely German
> > > ================
> > > "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> > > Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:43:23 GMT

1. 2nd Post - AT Jobs not starting WSHs

2. NT Schedule (AT) Not kicking off my WSHs

3. development environment issue

4. ASP & web development tools

5. Tool wanted: Forms development GUI w/API

6. searching docs for development with ghostscript

7. Resources for VBS development

8. NEW Development Web Site!!!

9. ASP & web development tools

10. 11 WEB SITE DEVELOPMENT BOOKS 2 CD-ROMS!

11. Work for Hire - Project Development

12. Which books to read for PostScript development?