hex to int?
Author Message
 hex to int?

Hello,

Wondering if someone could help me convert a Hex number to an Int
value.

What I want to do is read Hex information from the registry and
convert it to its reciprical ascii character. to do that I would need
to convert it to an int value so that it could be used in the CHR()
function.

And ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--Gene

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:42:07 GMT
 hex to int?

Quote:

> Hello,

> Wondering if someone could help me convert a Hex number to an Int
> value.

> What I want to do is read Hex information from the registry and
> convert it to its reciprical ascii character. to do that I would need
> to convert it to an int value so that it could be used in the CHR()
> function.

Hi

See this article:

Subject: Re: How to RegRead a Binary Key
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2002-07-12 18:32:23 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3D2F81E2.3135AC97%40hydro.com

See 'Function stRegBinary' here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BC2342D.2E99D197%40hydro.com

A couple of articles that might interest you:

Convert a binary data (BinaryRead) to a string by VBS
http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_binarytostring.htm

Convertion between binary and string data.
http://www.pstruh.cz/help/regedit/pa26.htm

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:01:55 GMT

1. Int to Str or Str to Int ??

2. Converting hex value in str format to hex

3. How to convert string to double or int

4. DigExt and etc. int the userAgent

5. Converting float to int

6. convert ascii int to char

7. How do I pass an int pointer to ActiveX control

8. converting int to string

9. How do I concatenate a string+int

10. DigExt and etc. int the userAgent

11. Converting from int to ascii equivalent

12. convert int to string?