W2K, Mapped Drives, WSH and DCOM
Author Message
 W2K, Mapped Drives, WSH and DCOM

I have a bunch of resources on a network share.
Local machines create mapped drives to this share
and then WSH and IIS open script files through
the mapped drive letter. I also have a DCOM out-
of-process server that IIS scripts use to create
processes and provide information about them. I
use DCOM so that with DCOMCNFG I can explicitly
set the user that processes will run under ( and
have them run in a user space that has the mapped
drives ...). This worked fine on Win NT but it
seems like under Windows 2000 the OS doesn't
establish a connection to the mapped drive until
the interactive user attempts to access it and as
a result all of my scripts are failing. I tried
establishing a service that sets up the mapping
for the user space I need and even accesses it,
but that doesn't seem to help at all ... Any
ideas ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 W2K, Mapped Drives, WSH and DCOM

Use UNC paths directly instead of mapped drive letters...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drive Map Issue- Works with W2K not with Windows NT

2. Mapping drives with WSH

3. WSH Map drive as different user?

4. Change a mapped drive with WSH

5. How to open Map Network Drive dialog via WSH

6. Windows 2k Server Drive Mapping bug with WSH...

7. Mapping network drive through WSH

8. How do I map a drive that has already been mapped

9. get drive size from network network mapped drives

10. DCOM security and wsh

11. DCOM security and wsh

12. DCOM and WSH