Passing object variable to an Activex dll
Author Message
 Passing object variable to an Activex dll

Hello,
        I have an activex dll I have written which is running on an NT Server 4.0 with IIS 4.0
(service pack 4 and option pack).  I am able to access it just fine but there are some methods in
the dll that require me to pass an object variable to work. (This all works fine in a normal VB 5.0
client).

Here is the an excerpt from ths asp code:

<%
    Set objCustomers = Server.CreateObject("TermObjects.TextList")
         objCustomers.Load "CUSTNAME"

         Set objCustTerminals = Server.CreateObject("TermObjects.CustTerminals")
         objCustTerminals .Load Cint(0),Clng(1),"1     5P1476",false

    Set objCustTerminal= objCustTerminals (1)

'Next line fails
    cname = objCustTerminal.CUSTNAME(objCustomers)
%>
'the next line works (when above is commented out) which does not need to pass an object variable.
    Response.Write objCustTerminal.PARTN

Here is the error I get:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'objCustTerminal.CUSTNAME'

/termWeb/GetCust.asp, line 31

I am kind of new to asp and vbscript but have been working in vb for some time.
Is there another group I should be using for posting this kind of question?

TIA

Kevin

Kevin B. Castleberry

Trilogy Computing
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing object variables to an activex dll

2. Passing an object to an ActiveX dll from ASP script

3. Passing a Scripting.Dictionary to ActiveX DLL

4. passing array from VBScript to Visual Basic ActiveX DLL

5. getting variables from an activeX dll

6. How to pass Date type variable to a custom ActiveX component

7. Passing JScript variables by reference to an ActiveX component

8. Cannot return objects from a VB Activex DLL

9. Help: Pass object to VB DLL in VBScript

10. Passing values by reference from java / vb script to ActiveX object

11. Passing a variant to a methos in an ActiveX object

12. Passing values by reference from java / vb script to ActiveX object