Where is the Script Encoder?
Author Message
 Where is the Script Encoder?

I can't seem to find the script encoder. I've seen references to a file
called
SCE10EN.exe, but I can't find it anywhere.

1. What do I need to install to be able to encode VBScript files for use
with WSH?
2. Where can I find (please post a url) the scripting encoder engine?

Thanks.

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?
It's on the same page as either of the vbscript or jscript language engine
download pages...

--
Michael Harris

| I can't seem to find the script encoder. I've seen references to a file
| called
| SCE10EN.exe, but I can't find it anywhere.
|
| 1. What do I need to install to be able to encode vbscript files for use
| with WSH?
| 2. Where can I find (please post a url) the scripting encoder engine?
|
| Thanks.

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?
I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
utility.

Quote:
> It's on the same page as either of the vbscript or jscript language
engine
> download pages...

> --
> Michael Harris

> | I can't seem to find the script encoder. I've seen references to a
file
> | called
> | SCE10EN.exe, but I can't find it anywhere.
> |
> | 1. What do I need to install to be able to encode vbscript files
for use
> | with WSH?
> | 2. Where can I find (please post a url) the scripting encoder
engine?

> | Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?
It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm

--
Michael Harris

| I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
| have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
| utility.
|

| > It's on the same page as either of the vbscript or jscript language
| engine
| > download pages...
| >
| > --
| > Michael Harris
| >

| > | I can't seem to find the script encoder. I've seen references to a
| file
| > | called
| > | SCE10EN.exe, but I can't find it anywhere.
| > |
| > | 1. What do I need to install to be able to encode vbscript files
| for use
| > | with WSH?
| > | 2. Where can I find (please post a url) the scripting encoder
| engine?
| > |
| > | Thanks.
| > |
| > |
| > |

| Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?
If it had been a snake it would have bit me!  Thanks Michael!!

Quote:
> It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm

> --
> Michael Harris

Quote:
> | I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks
ago; I
> | have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
> | utility.
> |

> | > It's on the same page as either of the vbscript or jscript
language
> | engine
> | > download pages...
> | >
> | > --
> | > Michael Harris

> | file
> | > |
> | for use
> | engine?
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> | Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?
Michael:

I must be dense, I looked and couldn't see a reference to the encoder.

Marcus

Quote:
> It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm

> --
> Michael Harris

> | I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
> | have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
> | utility.
> |

> | > It's on the same page as either of the vbscript or jscript language
> | engine
> | > download pages...
> | >
> | > --
> | > Michael Harris

> | file
> | > |
> | for use
> | engine?
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> | Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

This is copied/pasted directly from the 2 pages referred to.

The Big Red Text was my doing ;-)...

Downloads

Install Microsoft Scripting Engines Version 5.0
The latest versions of the script engines can be used with IE 3.0, IE4.0, IIS 3.0, and IIS 4.0 and provides fixes to bugs found in the Version 3.0 engines.

Install Microsoft Scripting Encoder

      Langauge Platform
      English x86 Alpha
      Chinese/Simplified x86 Alpha
      Chinese/Traditional x86 Alpha
      German x86 Alpha
      Japanese x86 Alpha
      Korean x86 Alpha

Other Downloads

--
Michael Harris

| Michael:
|
| I must be dense, I looked and couldn't see a reference to the encoder.
|
| Marcus
|

| > It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:
| >
| > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
| > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm
| >
| > --
| > Michael Harris
| >

| > | I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
| > | have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
| > | utility.
| > |

| > | engine

| > | file
| > | > |
| > | for use
| > | engine?
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |
| > | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| > | Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

Very nice! Guess what? Ms' d/l page is broken! The link gives me a blank page. I didn't realize that I had to go into the Script Engines page to look for the encoder, I thought it would be available from the main page. Typical "search everywhere but the unintuitive" on my part.

I'll try their d/l page tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marcus

  This is copied/pasted directly from the 2 pages referred to.

  The Big Red Text was my doing ;-)...

  Downloads

  Install Microsoft Scripting Engines Version 5.0
  The latest versions of the script engines can be used with IE 3.0, IE4.0, IIS 3.0, and IIS 4.0 and provides fixes to bugs found in the Version 3.0 engines.

  Install Microsoft Scripting Encoder

        Langauge Platform
        English x86 Alpha
        Chinese/Simplified x86 Alpha
        Chinese/Traditional x86 Alpha
        German x86 Alpha
        Japanese x86 Alpha
        Korean x86 Alpha

  Other Downloads

  --
  Michael Harris

  | Michael:
  |
  | I must be dense, I looked and couldn't see a reference to the encoder.
  |
  | Marcus
  |

  | > It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:
  | >
  | > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
  | > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm
  | >
  | > --
  | > Michael Harris
  | >
  | >

  | > | I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
  | > | have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
  | > | utility.
  | > |

  | > | engine

  | > | file
  | > | > |
  | > | for use
  | > | engine?
  | > | > |
  | > | > |
  | > | > |
  | > | > |

  | > |
  | > |
  | > | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
  | > | Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

It works right now so perhaps you had a connectivity problem?  We haven't changed anything recently

  Very nice! Guess what? Ms' d/l page is broken! The link gives me a blank page. I didn't realize that I had to go into the Script Engines page to look for the encoder, I thought it would be available from the main page. Typical "search everywhere but the unintuitive" on my part.

  I'll try their d/l page tomorrow.

  Thanks,

  Marcus

    This is copied/pasted directly from the 2 pages referred to.

    The Big Red Text was my doing ;-)...

    Downloads

    Install Microsoft Scripting Engines Version 5.0
    The latest versions of the script engines can be used with IE 3.0, IE4.0, IIS 3.0, and IIS 4.0 and provides fixes to bugs found in the Version 3.0 engines.

    Install Microsoft Scripting Encoder

          Langauge Platform
          English x86 Alpha
          Chinese/Simplified x86 Alpha
          Chinese/Traditional x86 Alpha
          German x86 Alpha
          Japanese x86 Alpha
          Korean x86 Alpha

    Other Downloads

    --
    Michael Harris

    | Michael:
    |
    | I must be dense, I looked and couldn't see a reference to the encoder.
    |
    | Marcus
    |

    | > It's still there...  Use the links on either of these pages:
    | >
    | > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm
    | > http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdown.htm
    | >
    | > --
    | > Michael Harris
    | >
    | >

    | > | I really think the link to the encoder was removed several weeks ago; I
    | > | have searched the site with no matches as I would love to have that
    | > | utility.
    | > |

    | > | engine

    | > | file
    | > | > |
    | > | for use
    | > | engine?
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |

    | > |
    | > |
    | > | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    | > | Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

  It works right now so perhaps you had a connectivity problem?  We haven't changed anything recently

  Andrew, please note....

  Oh sure, your sitting on the LAN/WAN and wonder why the little people out in the real world have problems with the MS website! Get MS to give you a day off, haul your a** out into the boondocks, and THEN try a connection <ROFLOL>. I know, a cheap shot but fraught with truth!

  Not to beat a dead horse but on the D/l page all I see is a reference to ste50en.exe. Is this the encoder? Or am I confused about what we're discussing here? I really don't need the encoder I just like collecting every piece of the millions of minutiae spewed by MS! My psycologist is trying to break me of this "If I don't get it I'll be left behind even though I've got thousands of things I don't even know what they are please help I'm drowning in code, apps, help files......" problem, but...I can't help it!

  Marcus

  P.S. These line are kinda' cool, how do you do that?

    Very nice! Guess what? Ms' d/l page is broken! The link gives me a blank page. I didn't realize that I had to go into the Script Engines page to look for the encoder, I thought it would be available from the main page. Typical "search everywhere but the unintuitive" on my part.

    I'll try their d/l page tomorrow.

    Thanks,

    Marcus

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

Install Microsoft Scripting Encoder

      Langauge Platform
      English x86 <---  Marcus, click here ;-)  Alpha
[...]

Thanks, your a champion, though I am a little miffed that you figured it out and I couldn't!!!

<later>

Actually, I checked the URL you have here and I see your at the msdn.microsoft.com/scripting site not the www.microsoft.com/scripting

site which is where I was! So I looked on the msdn main page and couldn't find a link to scripting so I think you have inside info! But I did find a cool link to ADO Provider Properties so it was worth the {*filter*}!

Marcus

[...]

I won't tell you how many times _I_ looked right past it!

--
Michael Harris

[...]

For Andrew... (or anyone else in the MS Scripting Dev group)

Why does it seem like the msdn.microsoft.com/scripting site is _not_ indexed
for search purposes along with the rest of MSDN content?  For example, an
MSDN full site search for the phrase "Scripting Encoder" gives zero hits
even though I copied this text directly from the page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdown.htm

--
Michael Harris

| I can't seem to find the script encoder. I've seen references to a file
| called
| SCE10EN.exe, but I can't find it anywhere.
|
| 1. What do I need to install to be able to encode vbscript files for use
| with WSH?
| 2. Where can I find (please post a url) the scripting encoder engine?
|
| Thanks.

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is the Script Encoder?

I put it down to being out in boondocks :-)  Drink less coffee next time!

[...]

1. VB / Script Encoder question for the MVP Scripting team

2. Script Encoder Beta 1 Released to the scripting web site

3. Encode scripts using Scripting.Encoder

4. Script encoder and script debugger

5. Script Encoder Beta 1 Released to the scripting web site

6. Script Encoder Beta 1 Released to the scripting web site

7. Script Encoder 1.0 error

8. URGENT**Script Encoder Problem

9. Script Encoder for mixed lang file

10. Windows Script Encoder