Special Folders
Author Message
 Special Folders

I ran across an example which used "My Documents" as a special folder type
of the FileSystemObject object, but I have been unable to find any
information on this in the WSH documentation. Does FSO recognize the "My
Documents" folder? Can this be used to save user specific information to the
same file name in different user accounts on NT 4/5 platforms?

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 08:22:02 GMT
 Special Folders

Quote:

> I ran across an example which used "My Documents" as a special folder type
> of the FileSystemObject object, but I have been unable to find any
> information on this in the WSH documentation.

It is documented. If you haven't done it already, I recommend downloading and
installing the "local" WSH documentation. I think it is much better than the
online MSDN version.

WSH 5.6 documentation download:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/00...

There you can lookup this two subjects under the index tab to get more
information:

special folders
SpecialFolders property

Quote:
> Does FSO recognize the "My
> Documents" folder?

Not directly, the "My Documents" requires the use of the Shell object to
retreive the actual path. This path you can then use against the FSO methods.

Quote:
> Can this be used to save user specific information to the
> same file name in different user accounts on NT 4/5 platforms?

Yes.

--
torgeir

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 08:51:37 GMT
 Special Folders
set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
s = shell.specialfolders("mydocuments")
msgbox s

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I ran across an example which used "My Documents" as a special folder type
> of the FileSystemObject object, but I have been unable to find any
> information on this in the WSH documentation. Does FSO recognize the "My
> Documents" folder? Can this be used to save user specific information to the
> same file name in different user accounts on NT 4/5 platforms?

> --
> Regards,

> Fred Chateau

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:18:12 GMT

1. Language independent folder names (special folder)

2. Access to "Special Folders" using VBScript

3. special folders - deleting files

4. Newbie. deleting special folders and files

5. WSH copy 'Special Folders'

6. How to get "Program Files" whith special folders?

7. jscript in folder.htt - size of files within folder

8. create a folder or find default temp folder

9. How to show the files/folder in a folder

10. Create new folder in current folder in explorer window

11. Copy from folder to folder--how?

12. Copy a file in a folder and past the copy in another folder