automate the login with a user in the system.

Thanks

FM

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:08:29 GMT
 using login scripts

Quote:

> I have a windows 2000 pro and a i want to do a script to
> automate the login with a user in the system.

Do you mean Auto logon?

From another thread about AutoLogin:

<qoute>

Subject: Re: Use WSH to log into NT?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2000-08-23 08:23:34 PST

Hi David

First, save the current users username somewhere, we'll need that later. I use
to save it in registry.

Then set "DefaultUsername" under
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\
Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon"
to the user you want to log in with.

Then set the password "DefaultPassword" (warning, it is in clear text) under the
same key.

To enable Auto logon, create/set the value "AutoAdminLogon" to "1" (REG_SZ).

Then you are ready to reboot. When NT comes up, it will perform the autologon.

Do you job and then disable autologon:
Retrieve the username you saved before and set it in "DefaultUsername", delete
the "DefaultPassword" og "AutoAdminLogon" and the temporary value with the
username you saved before the reboot.

Done! You can now reboot. When NT comes up the user who last logged in will be
the default user in your NT Login box.

Regards
Flemming Christiansen
</qoute>

--
torgeir

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:52:42 GMT

1. Change client wallpaper using login scripts

2. Using login scripts to install NT4 app that requires local admin rights.

3. Using a WSH Script as a Login Script

4. Using VBScript in NT Login Script

5. Permissions for using VBS for login scripts...

6. Login Script to Create Text file using ADSI variables

7. Login Script to Create Text file using ADSI variables

8. Using WSH login scripts to assign temp local system admin previllege

9. using wsh as login script language

10. How to get the AD-Site for using in login-scripts

11. login scripts using WSH in vbscripts

12. vbscript login scripts - starting a script from the Windows 95 command prompt