applications that have opened socket connections...
Author Message
 applications that have opened socket connections...

Good People,

I am wondering if it is possible to determine the list of applications
that have opened connections. Basically the output of netstat (with
the additional info of application name). I want to run this across
the network.

Can you let me know if this is possible & which are the classes that
provide this info?

Regards,
Mridul.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:06:27 GMT
 applications that have opened socket connections...

Quote:
> Good People,

> I am wondering if it is possible to determine the list of applications
> that have opened connections. Basically the output of netstat (with
> the additional info of application name). I want to run this across
> the network.

> Can you let me know if this is possible & which are the classes that
> provide this info?

> Regards,
> Mridul.

You can only do this with native tools in XP and .NET server, and would need to
use a command line tool.  The newer version of netstat includes a "-o" switch
which shows the PID of the owning process; you would then need to look through a
list of running processes (pulled from the console tool named "tasklist") and
match the netstated ports to the application name through the matching PID.

On Win2K and _possibly_ NT4 you would need special tools.  A good one for
getting the complete information is fport from www.foundstone.com.

fport will  give you the port and owning app matched up already.  In fact, it
would make a great general tool, but it unfortunately does not appear to work on
XP.

--
Please respond in the newsgroup so everyone may benefit.
 http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 03:52:50 GMT

1. Open an Application, then open another application

2. socket connection

3. Socket connections

4. How to create a socket connection

5. socket connection

6. socket connection

7. Opening IP sockets

8. Can Postscript open a socket?

9. Opening a socket using Jscript only

10. database connection remain open if opened via recordset

11. Having IE4 opening a new page in full screen mode

12. open a text file in VBScript having 500k characters in length and 5GB