check group in login script
Author Message
 check group in login script

Is there a way in WSH that a login script could check to
see if the person loging in is part of a group, and if
so, then run commands based on the needs of that group?

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:12:52 GMT
 check group in login script

Quote:

> Is there a way in WSH that a login script could check to
> see if the person loging in is part of a group, and if
> so, then run commands based on the needs of that group?

Google Search: ingroup group:*.scripting
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ingroup%20group:*.scripting&num=100...

for several implementations of an InGroup() function that emulates the KixTart InGroup() function.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:37:09 GMT
 check group in login script
Perfect
thanks

Quote:

20group:*.scripting&num=100&scoring=d
Quote:

>for several implementations of an InGroup() function

that emulates the KixTart InGroup() function.
Quote:

>--
>Michael Harris
>Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
>Seattle WA US

>.

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:46:36 GMT
 check group in login script

Quote:

> Google Search: ingroup group:*.scripting
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ingroup%20group:*.scripting&num=100...

> for several implementations of an InGroup() function that emulates the KixTart InGroup() function.

Hi

Michael, have you noticed that the newsgroup feed to groups.google.com is as good as zilch since 24.
September? This makes the newsgroup archives to suffer as well, of course :(

Just look here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.pu...

express their concern about this matter, I have done so.

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:22:09 GMT
 check group in login script

Quote:
> Michael, have you noticed that the newsgroup feed to
> groups.google.com is as good as zilch since 24. September? This makes
> the newsgroup archives to suffer as well, of course :(

> Just look here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.pu...

I hadn't noticed but yes, the mosts recent I see for *.scripting is 23 Sep 2002.

Google Search: group:microsoft.*
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%20group:microsoft.*&num=100&scoring=d

In general shows posts from microsoft.* even from today...

For all we know, the problem could be on the MS side (like that's never happened ;-).

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:49:58 GMT
 check group in login script

Quote:

> > Michael, have you noticed that the newsgroup feed to
> > groups.google.com is as good as zilch since 24. September? This makes
> > the newsgroup archives to suffer as well, of course :(

> > Just look here:
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.pu...

> I hadn't noticed but yes, the mosts recent I see for *.scripting is 23 Sep 2002.

> Google Search: group:microsoft.*
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%20group:microsoft.*&num=100&scoring=d

> In general shows posts from microsoft.* even from today...

> For all we know, the problem could be on the MS side (like that's never happened ;-).

Hi

One week in the microsoft.* is 921 threads. Defintively something wrong.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:microsoft.*&num=100&hl=en&lr=...

Do you know who can be contacted on the MS side about this (I don't use the MS news server
myself).

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI
Porsgrunn Norway

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:14:31 GMT
 check group in login script
Well the phone number I use when their web site has non-obvious problems is
1-425-882-8080

This is the MS internal website support team.  They may not support the NNTP
farm but they would probably know who does.

Quote:

> > > Michael, have you noticed that the newsgroup feed to
> > > groups.google.com is as good as zilch since 24. September? This makes
> > > the newsgroup archives to suffer as well, of course :(

> > > Just look here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.pu...
ripting.wsh
Quote:

> > I hadn't noticed but yes, the mosts recent I see for *.scripting is 23
Sep 2002.

> > Google Search: group:microsoft.*
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%20group:microsoft.*&num=100&scoring=d

> > In general shows posts from microsoft.* even from today...

> > For all we know, the problem could be on the MS side (like that's never
happened ;-).

> Hi

> One week in the microsoft.* is 921 threads. Defintively something wrong.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:microsoft.*&num=100&hl=en&lr=...
-8&scoring=d&as_qdr=w&start=900&sa=N

> Do you know who can be contacted on the MS side about this (I don't use
the MS news server
> myself).

> --
> torgeir
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI
> Porsgrunn Norway

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:48:28 GMT

1. VBScript NT Login Script - checking for group membership

2. VBScript and NT Login Scripts - Group membership?

3. User Groups in Login Scripts

4. Login script problem - Trying to assign shortcuts via group ownership

5. Domain Login-Script / regarding user′s groups

6. Login script problem - Trying to assign shortcuts via group ownership

7. User Groups in Login Scripts

8. Check the User Name in Login script

9. Login script to check if machine is in security group in AD?

10. VB script: adding AD group to local administrators group

11. Add Domain Users Group to Powe Users Group in Script

12. Login checking