New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"
Author Message
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"

I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's Junk
Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) will focus on information and
knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique feature
of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

Darwin Sanoy

Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

(http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information and
(http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

Darwin Sanoy

Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"

I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's Junk
Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
(http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information and
knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique feature
of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
(http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

Darwin Sanoy

Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"
Hi,

 are you sure, there is more importent stuff to discuss than in this group?

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:
> I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's Junk
> Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
> (http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information and
> knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
> technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique feature
> of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
> (http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

> Darwin Sanoy

> Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"
Actually Manfred, any person that is an Admin that is worth their salt has
probably used their site. To compare between newsgroups, I would venture to
say that this fills a niche that isn't covered to well in the NG's this is
posted too from an administrator's point of view.

Every single thing I write script for and now starting to use WMI (if you
remember :)) is for Enterprise Admin stuff (I'm lazy), there is NOT a lot of
useful WMI samples out there for VB, VBS, JS, etc.... Most are the MS
examples and tweaked a little here and a little there and then put out as a
sample but the core is the same old sample stuff from the docs and MS
website. We need some heavy useful WMI sample sites for administrators.
Clearance's site has what it can but they still are the more simplified
samples, so not a lot of learning can be had from them if you are not
familiar with it.

I look forward to it!

My 2 cents
Shawn

Quote:
> Hi,

>  are you sure, there is more importent stuff to discuss than in this
group?

> Best regards,
> Manfred Braun

> (Private)
> Lange Roetterstrasse 7
> D68167 Mannheim
> Germany

> (Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

> > I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's
Junk
> > Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
> > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information
and
> > knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
> > technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique
feature
> > of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
> > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

> > Darwin Sanoy

> > Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"
I was almost going to flame them too, mainly for the three copies I saw.
Thanks for pointing out the value of this site for "enterprise admin stuff".

/Al

Quote:

> Actually Manfred, any person that is an Admin that is worth their salt has
> probably used their site. To compare between newsgroups, I would venture
> say that this fills a niche that isn't covered to well in the NG's this is
> posted too from an administrator's point of view.

> Every single thing I write script for and now starting to use WMI (if you
> remember :)) is for Enterprise Admin stuff (I'm lazy), there is NOT a lot
of
> useful WMI samples out there for VB, VBS, JS, etc.... Most are the MS
> examples and tweaked a little here and a little there and then put out as
> sample but the core is the same old sample stuff from the docs and MS
> website. We need some heavy useful WMI sample sites for administrators.
> Clearance's site has what it can but they still are the more simplified
> samples, so not a lot of learning can be had from them if you are not
> familiar with it.

> I look forward to it!

> My 2 cents
> Shawn

> > Hi,

> >  are you sure, there is more importent stuff to discuss than in this
> group?

> > Best regards,
> > Manfred Braun

> > (Private)
> > Lange Roetterstrasse 7
> > D68167 Mannheim
> > Germany

> > (Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

> > > I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's
> Junk
> > > Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
> > > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information
> and
> > > knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
> > > technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique
> feature
> > > of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
> > > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

> > > Darwin Sanoy

> > > Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"
Thanks, Shawn,

 I registered there and will see what's happening.

 Your completely right on MS and the docs, admins are mostly NOT addressed!!

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:

> Actually Manfred, any person that is an Admin that is worth their salt has
> probably used their site. To compare between newsgroups, I would venture
> say that this fills a niche that isn't covered to well in the NG's this is
> posted too from an administrator's point of view.

> Every single thing I write script for and now starting to use WMI (if you
> remember :)) is for Enterprise Admin stuff (I'm lazy), there is NOT a lot
of
> useful WMI samples out there for VB, VBS, JS, etc.... Most are the MS
> examples and tweaked a little here and a little there and then put out as
> sample but the core is the same old sample stuff from the docs and MS
> website. We need some heavy useful WMI sample sites for administrators.
> Clearance's site has what it can but they still are the more simplified
> samples, so not a lot of learning can be had from them if you are not
> familiar with it.

> I look forward to it!

> My 2 cents
> Shawn

> > Hi,

> >  are you sure, there is more importent stuff to discuss than in this
> group?

> > Best regards,
> > Manfred Braun

> > (Private)
> > Lange Roetterstrasse 7
> > D68167 Mannheim
> > Germany

> > (Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

> > > I wanted to introduce a new list sponsored by the Desktop Engineer's
> Junk
> > > Drawer. The Windows Management Interface (WMI) for Administrators list
> > > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/wmi4admins) will focus on information
> and
> > > knowledge sharing from an administrative perspective for this new
> > > technology. The focus on Administrators concerns has been a unique
> feature
> > > of the Windows Installer for Administrators list.
> > > (http://www.desktopengineer.com/msi4admins).

> > > Darwin Sanoy

> > > Desktop Engineer's Junk Drawer Webmaster

Wed, 21 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Discussion List "WMI for Admins" joining "MSI for Admins"

2. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

4. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

5. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

6. "join" several pages

7. "Net join" fails

8. "Joining" Question

9. How to Replace("String Irregular # of space", "?", "")

10. WMI "Library not resistered" error

11. JavaScript "\"" and WShell Run

12. Creating a "list"