WinNT object?!
Author Message
 WinNT object?!

I've seen a number of script fragments here that use the following object
call:

Set oIADS = GetObject("WinNT://domain")

However whenever I try a sample script I always get an error on this line.
I also haven't been able to find any information on the "WinNT" object in
order to troubleshoot the problem myself.  Other scripts without this call
work fine, so the problem is defenitely here.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Peter

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WinNT object?!

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/other/Adsi25/default.asp

---[snip from this page]---

Active Directory Services Interfaces 2.5

Welcome to the 2.5 release of Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI)
(previously, OLE Directory Services) for Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0,
Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows? 98, and Windows 95 operating systems. ADSI
makes it easy to create directory management applications using high-level tools
such as Microsoft Visual Basic?, Java, or C/C++ without having to worry about
the underlying differences between the different namespaces.

Note: ADSI 2.5 is included with Windows? 2000.

---[end snip]---

--
Michael Harris

| I've seen a number of script fragments here that use the following object
| call:
|
| Set oIADS = GetObject("WinNT://domain")
|
| However whenever I try a sample script I always get an error on this line.
| I also haven't been able to find any information on the "WinNT" object in
| order to troubleshoot the problem myself.  Other scripts without this call
| work fine, so the problem is defenitely here.  What am I missing?
|
| Thanks,
| Peter

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WinNT object?!
Are you using the line exactly as it's typed, Peter?  You need to substitute
the name of your domain for the word "domain."  If the name of your domain
is hq-data, the line should be

    Set oIADS = GetObject("WinNT://hq-data")

                                        Chick

Quote:

>Set oIADS = GetObject("WinNT://domain")

>However whenever I try a sample script I always get an error on this line.

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx

2. Help with "WinNT://" object Model

3. ADSI "WinNT:" object model

4. determining if a machine is a WIN9X,Winnt workstation or a winnt server.

5. Reading USER on winNT network

6. Adobe printerdriver on WinNT 4.0

7. Generating of DSC compliant files in WinNT

8. ps2pdf, GNU gs6.51, WinNT, Document Information

9. Latest Postscript driver for WinNT 4.0/SP5?

10. Converting tiff images to PS (WinNT/VB)

11. Creating a PostScript file under WinNT

12. Modifying the HalfTone parameters in WinNT