Windows 95 Restart via WSH
Author Message
 Windows 95 Restart via WSH

Taking you literally, that you want to restart Windows, not reboot the
system, you can use:

    WshShell.Run "RUNDLL.EXE USER.EXE,EXITWINDOWSEXEC"
--
Bill James

Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~wgjames/vbspage/

Quote:
> Is it possible for a call to be made to restart windows95??
> I presently call a dodgy little app to restart but I want to eliminate
that
> as a weak link.
> I did find the following, but it only shuts down windows not restart..

> Dim WSHShell   ' used as the shell object
> Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> WshShell.Run= "%windir%\RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows", 1, -1

> Thanks In Advance

> Steve

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 95 Restart via WSH
You can download a free small (20KB) .exe that will reboot Win9X from
http://www.webdev.net/orca/download/reboot.exe.

Bill James

Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Quote:
> Close but no cigar.

> This command only works on my Win98 machine.
> The Win95 machine errors with:

> Error in Shell32.dll
> Missing entry SHExitWindowsEx

> I think now that it just can't be done.
> Many Thanks
> You time and effort was greatly appreciated

> Steve

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 95 Restart via WSH
Thanks Bill

But now I also need it to reboot the PC after it shuts down windows.
An equivalent to the "Restart Computer" option on shutdown.
Any thoughts

Quote:
> Taking you literally, that you want to restart Windows, not reboot the
> system, you can use:

>     WshShell.Run "RUNDLL.EXE USER.EXE,EXITWINDOWSEXEC"
> --
> Bill James

> Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
> http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

> > Is it possible for a call to be made to restart windows95??
> > I presently call a dodgy little app to restart but I want to eliminate
> that
> > as a weak link.
> > I did find the following, but it only shuts down windows not restart..

> > Dim WSHShell   ' used as the shell object
> > Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> > WshShell.Run= "%windir%\RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows", 1, -1

> > Thanks In Advance

> > Steve

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 95 Restart via WSH
Close but no cigar.

This command only works on my Win98 machine.
The Win95 machine errors with:

Error in Shell32.dll
Missing entry SHExitWindowsEx

I think now that it just can't be done.
Many Thanks
You time and effort was greatly appreciated

Steve

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 95 Restart via WSH

2. Shutdown and Restart Windows 95 and NT for VB Script

3. Installing WSH on Windows 95

4. WSH, STE50, Windows 95, Errors, Failure, and my success

5. wsh for windows 95

6. WSH not running on Windows 95???

7. can windows 95 clients execute wsh scripts?

8. WSH 5.6 and Windows 95

9. wsh and windows 95 home directories

10. HELP : How to restart Iomega Zip device driver (Or Remove and Re-Add) under Win 95

11. Windows 95/PowerPoint 95 Postscript Printing Problem

12. Windows 95 GDI or Windows printing system driver.