Script for Changing the TCP/IP Stack?
Author Message
 Script for Changing the TCP/IP Stack?

Hello everyone. This is my first post here so I will make this short.  I
need to implement a script that will change the TCP/IP stack from a static
IP address to a Dynamic one, and change the other settings as well to
utilize DHCP.  I am sure someone has done this before???? I don't want to
re-invent the wheel, can anyone help with this?

Thanks in Advance

**Please Note Email Address not working, respond only at newsgroup**

Mon, 10 May 2004 01:02:16 GMT
 Script for Changing the TCP/IP Stack?
Regardless of the scripting language you are using, it is generally comes
down to modifying one registry value.
In NT:
1. You will need to get a "ServiceName" from
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\1" and assign it to variable. Unless you have
milti-homed box, the NIC interface you're looking to change will be listed
in subkey "1".
2. Next, you change the value of "EnableDHCP" form 0 to 1 in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\%ServiceName%\Paramete
rs\Tcpip"
If all PCs on your network have the same hardware configuration you can skip
step1 and explicitly specify "ServiceName"
3. Reboot machine.

In W2K:
First step is the same.
For the second step change value of "EnableDHCP" form 0 to 1 in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Inter
faces\%ServiceName%"
Additionally in W2K you can specify whether or not you want obtain DNS
server automatically. In case you do, clear the value of "NameServer" in the
above key.

Script can be written as a batch file or as VB script. Both can be written
to perform remote rollout for your network.

Regards,
Gurgen.

Quote:
> Hello everyone. This is my first post here so I will make this short.  I
> need to implement a script that will change the TCP/IP stack from a static
> IP address to a Dynamic one, and change the other settings as well to
> utilize DHCP.  I am sure someone has done this before???? I don't want to
> re-invent the wheel, can anyone help with this?

> Thanks in Advance

> **Please Note Email Address not working, respond only at newsgroup**

Mon, 10 May 2004 06:12:28 GMT
 Script for Changing the TCP/IP Stack?
There is a script already written to do this. It comes with the w2k resource
kit.

EnableDhcp.vbs

DK

Quote:
> Hello everyone. This is my first post here so I will make this short.  I
> need to implement a script that will change the TCP/IP stack from a static
> IP address to a Dynamic one, and change the other settings as well to
> utilize DHCP.  I am sure someone has done this before???? I don't want to
> re-invent the wheel, can anyone help with this?

> Thanks in Advance

> **Please Note Email Address not working, respond only at newsgroup**

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:48:29 GMT
 Script for Changing the TCP/IP Stack?
can someone post me this script , thank u

Quote:
> There is a script already written to do this. It comes with the w2k
resource
> kit.

> EnableDhcp.vbs

> DK

> > Hello everyone. This is my first post here so I will make this short.  I
> > need to implement a script that will change the TCP/IP stack from a
static
> > IP address to a Dynamic one, and change the other settings as well to
> > utilize DHCP.  I am sure someone has done this before???? I don't want
> > re-invent the wheel, can anyone help with this?

> > Thanks in Advance

> > **Please Note Email Address not working, respond only at newsgroup**

Sat, 29 May 2004 00:45:13 GMT

1. Changing the TCP/IP Address via Script

2. Changing TCP/IP Properties

3. Change TCP/IP info on Win2k via VBScript

4. TCP/IP change on startup?? Possibe or not

5. Changing TCP/IP Information

6. Changing TCP/IP properties using wsh

7. scripting tcp/ip information (scripting newbie)

8. installing local tcp/ip printer port using script?

9. TCP/IP versus OSI

10. Obtaining MAC TCP/IP address through PostScript

11. Setting TCP/IP addresses

12. Looking for a simple TCP/IP Port Monitor for Windows NT or 95/98