Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS
Author Message
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS

I'm basically trying to create a simple logon script that says:

If you are a member of a particular group, then net use = "g:",
"(\\servername\share)"

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 19 May 2005 09:14:29 GMT
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS

Quote:

> I'm basically trying to create a simple logon script that says:

> If you are a member of a particular group, then net use = "g:",
> "(\\servername\share)"

Google Search: winnt groups mapnetworkdrive group:*.scripting.wsh
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=winnt%20groups%20mapnetworkdrive%20...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Thu, 19 May 2005 10:28:22 GMT
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS
I've been working 6 months off and on trying to do this. This is the first
time I used a newsgroup to see if anyone could help me. And within an hour
of posting my question for help, (You have answered/solved with completeness
my question for help). You are simply brilliant. Thank you very much.

Quote:

> > I'm basically trying to create a simple logon script that says:

> > If you are a member of a particular group, then net use = "g:",
> > "(\\servername\share)"

> Google Search: winnt groups mapnetworkdrive group:*.scripting.wsh

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=winnt%20groups%20mapnetworkdrive%20...
.scripting.wsh&num=100&scoring=d
Quote:

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US

Thu, 19 May 2005 12:04:11 GMT
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS

Quote:

> Google Search: winnt groups mapnetworkdrive group:*.scripting.wsh

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=winnt%20groups%20mapnetworkdrive%20...
.scripting.wsh&num=100&scoring=d

Any suggestion to where I can read up on this object? I'd like to get at
more than the group name.

greetings,

Mon, 23 May 2005 06:09:32 GMT
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS
Quote:

>> Google Search: winnt groups mapnetworkdrive group:*.scripting.wsh

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=winnt%20groups%20mapnetworkdrive%20...

Quote:
> .scripting.wsh&num=100&scoring=d

> Any suggestion to where I can read up on this object? I'd like to get
> at more than the group name.

ADSI WinNT Provider
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/adsi_winnt_provid...

ADSI Objects of WinNT
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/adsi_objects_of_w...

IADsUser
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/iadsuser.asp

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 23 May 2005 10:15:39 GMT
 Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS
Quote:

> ADSI WinNT Provider

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/adsi_winnt_provid...
Quote:

> ADSI Objects of WinNT

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/adsi_objects_of_w...

> IADsUser
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netdir/adsi/iadsuser.asp

Perfect!

Thanks a lot.

greetings,

Mon, 23 May 2005 17:39:26 GMT

1. Mapping drives based on group membership using ADSI with VBS

2. Mapping drives based on group membership

3. Drive Mappings based on group membership again

4. Drive mappings based on group membership

5. Mapping Drives based on Group Membership for Win9x clients

6. Getting Win98 to map drives based upon Group Membership

7. Using ADSI group-membership through RAS-Connection to map groupdepending Networkdrives

8. Map Drives and Connect Printers based on OU Membership

9. Drive mapping according to group membership

10. A logon script that maps drives according to the users group memberships

11. Group Membership & Drive Mappings

12. A logon script that maps drives according to the users group memberships