How to Change Security Permissions on a Folder to Full Control
Author Message
 How to Change Security Permissions on a Folder to Full Control

I have created an MSI package for Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Full
Authoring Version.

The MSI package deploys just fine to our users.

When I am signed onto this computer with the msi package
installed as a "local administrator", I can use the
Acrobat distiller package with no problem.

When our users attempt to do the same thing, they get a
message that says "No timers available" When Starting
Acrobat Distiller.

This is the explanation from Adobe on how to fix this
problem.

What I want to do is to write a vbs or wsh script that
will grant "full control" to a general user to the
specific folder key mentioned in the article below.

Can someone help me.

Thanks a heap

John Falloon

Here is the Adobe Solution article

To edit the registry in Windows 2000:

1. Log into Windows 2000 with Administrator access.
2. Choose Start > Run.

3. Type regedit in the Open text box, and then click OK to
start the Registry Editor.

4. Choose Registry > Export Registry File. Choose a
location and name for the backup copy of the registry, and
click Save.

5. Exit the Registry Editor.

6. Choose Start > Run.

7. Type regedt32 in the Open text box, and then click OK
to start the Registry Editor.

8. Open and select the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Adobe/Acrobat Distiller folder
(key).

9. Choose Security > Permissions.

10. In the Permissions for Acrobat Distiller dialog box,
click the Security tab, and select Users in the Name
section.

11. Click Advanced.

12. In the Access Control Settings for Acrobat Distiller
dialog box, click the Permissions tab, and select Users in
the Permission Entries section.

13. Click View/Edit.

14. In the Permission Entry for Acrobat Distiller dialog
box, set Apply Onto to This Key and Subkeys.

15. Select Allow for Create Subkey, and click OK.

16. Click Apply in the Access Control Settings for Acrobat
Distiller dialog box.

17. Click OK in the Permissions for Acrobat Distiller
dialog box.

Note: If Windows returns the message, "Unable to save
permission on Acrobat Distiller," you don't have
Administrator access and won't be able to complete the
changes.

18. Exit from the Registry Editor.

19. Restart Windows.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:38:04 GMT
 How to Change Security Permissions on a Folder to Full Control
AdsSecurity.dll

Should do the trick

Quote:
> I have created an MSI package for Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Full
> Authoring Version.

> The MSI package deploys just fine to our users.

> When I am signed onto this computer with the msi package
> installed as a "local administrator", I can use the
> Acrobat distiller package with no problem.

> When our users attempt to do the same thing, they get a
> message that says "No timers available" When Starting
> Acrobat Distiller.

> This is the explanation from Adobe on how to fix this
> problem.

> What I want to do is to write a vbs or wsh script that
> will grant "full control" to a general user to the
> specific folder key mentioned in the article below.

> Can someone help me.

> Thanks a heap

> John Falloon

> Here is the Adobe Solution article

> To edit the registry in Windows 2000:

> 1. Log into Windows 2000 with Administrator access.
> 2. Choose Start > Run.

> 3. Type regedit in the Open text box, and then click OK to
> start the Registry Editor.

> 4. Choose Registry > Export Registry File. Choose a
> location and name for the backup copy of the registry, and
> click Save.

> 5. Exit the Registry Editor.

> 6. Choose Start > Run.

> 7. Type regedt32 in the Open text box, and then click OK
> to start the Registry Editor.

> 8. Open and select the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Adobe/Acrobat Distiller folder
> (key).

> 9. Choose Security > Permissions.

> 10. In the Permissions for Acrobat Distiller dialog box,
> click the Security tab, and select Users in the Name
> section.

> 11. Click Advanced.

> 12. In the Access Control Settings for Acrobat Distiller
> dialog box, click the Permissions tab, and select Users in
> the Permission Entries section.

> 13. Click View/Edit.

> 14. In the Permission Entry for Acrobat Distiller dialog
> box, set Apply Onto to This Key and Subkeys.

> 15. Select Allow for Create Subkey, and click OK.

> 16. Click Apply in the Access Control Settings for Acrobat
> Distiller dialog box.

> 17. Click OK in the Permissions for Acrobat Distiller
> dialog box.

> Note: If Windows returns the message, "Unable to save
> permission on Acrobat Distiller," you don't have
> Administrator access and won't be able to complete the
> changes.

> 18. Exit from the Registry Editor.

> 19. Restart Windows.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:46 GMT

1. --> Permission / Security change to a folder

2. Script to search for EVERYONE-Full Control Permissions

3. how to set folder security permissions

4. VbScript DeleteFile method failing due to permissions on W2KS NTFS with Everyone Full permissions

5. Change User Permission on Files in Folder

6. How to change permissions on files/folders?

7. Changing file / folder permissions using VBScript

8. changing file/folder permissions thro' a script

9. Change Access Control List for a folder....

10. Change Access Control List for a folder....

11. Give full permission to a directory on a webserver

12. Folder full of images or save to DB?