Accessing Web Folders
Author Message
 Accessing Web Folders

I need to set up an automated routine to copy files from a remote computer
that I can only access via "web folders"

Presumably I will use the shell object to do this but I can't persuade it to
work.  The code that I've tried:

on error goto 0
Set oSHApp = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
oSHApp.Namespace("c:\backupdir\").CopyHere
"http://myremoteserver/data/mydatafile.mdb",16
Set oSHApp = nothing
Set WshShell = nothing
WScript.Quit

only copies the shortcut.

Some concrete examples of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

--
Andrew Butchart

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Mail Server

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:48:00 GMT
 Accessing Web Folders
Is it that the other machine does not have FrontPage installed, is not a MS
OS, or the IPS refuses?

Quote:
> I need to set up an automated routine to copy files from a remote computer
> that I can only access via "web folders"

> Presumably I will use the shell object to do this but I can't persuade it
> work.  The code that I've tried:

> on error goto 0
> Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> Set oSHApp = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
> oSHApp.Namespace("c:\backupdir\").CopyHere
> "http://myremoteserver/data/mydatafile.mdb",16
> Set oSHApp = nothing
> Set WshShell = nothing
> WScript.Quit

> only copies the shortcut.

> Some concrete examples of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

> --
> Andrew Butchart

> http://www.abutchartconsulting.com
> http://www.abutchartconsulting.com/botdocs/ - ABC Bot - Shareware
SMTP/POP3
> Mail Server

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:13:19 GMT
 Accessing Web Folders
Nope - everything works fine manually.  When I try to use the code shown, I
only get an internet shortcut, not the file I wanted.

--
Andrew Butchart

http://www.abutchartconsulting.com
http://www.abutchartconsulting.com/botdocs/ - ABC Bot - Shareware SMTP/POP3
Mail Server

Quote:
> Is it that the other machine does not have FrontPage installed, is not a
MS
> OS, or the IPS refuses?

> > I need to set up an automated routine to copy files from a remote
computer
> > that I can only access via "web folders"

> > Presumably I will use the shell object to do this but I can't persuade
it
> > work.  The code that I've tried:

> > on error goto 0
> > Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> > Set oSHApp = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
> > oSHApp.Namespace("c:\backupdir\").CopyHere
> > "http://myremoteserver/data/mydatafile.mdb",16
> > Set oSHApp = nothing
> > Set WshShell = nothing
> > WScript.Quit

> > only copies the shortcut.

> > Some concrete examples of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

> > --
> > Andrew Butchart

> > http://www.abutchartconsulting.com
> > http://www.abutchartconsulting.com/botdocs/ - ABC Bot - Shareware
> SMTP/POP3
> > Mail Server

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 03:19:38 GMT

1. How to access a web folder using vbscript

2. Access to Web Folders

3. Using folder object when the user doesn't have access to the folder

4. using VBscript to access Access database in public folder

5. Trouble accessing an Access database from web

6. Uploading folders in Web

7. Web folders and moving files to

8. Create web folder via script?

9. WEB Folders: How to write to them by code

10. SaveAs HTML to Web Folder

11. Open as Web Folder option

12. Create web folder via script?