Moving User profile to diff. Domain
Author Message
 Moving User profile to diff. Domain

How are you copying the profile? You cannot simply copy the folder, as you
also need to adjust the permissions of the files/folders and the user
registry hive.

--
Tim Hill -- Windows NT MVP

(Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download
and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of
these terms.)

Quote:

>I'm having problem of moving a user profile from one Domaina to another.

>Everytime I copy a suser profile and try loging in as the user I'm
>getting
>access denied.
>How do you move a user profile from one Domain to another without
>getting corrupted??
>Please help...thanks

>joey

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving User profile to diff. Domain
Thanks, Tim your right I have to change the permissioning on the user's registry
hive. I also found some helpful information in the KB.

Joey

Quote:

> How are you copying the profile? You cannot simply copy the folder, as you
> also need to adjust the permissions of the files/folders and the user
> registry hive.

> --
> Tim Hill -- Windows NT MVP

> (Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
> nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download
> and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of
> these terms.)

> >I'm having problem of moving a user profile from one Domaina to another.

> >Everytime I copy a suser profile and try loging in as the user I'm
> >getting
> >access denied.
> >How do you move a user profile from one Domain to another without
> >getting corrupted??
> >Please help...thanks

> >joey

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving User profile to diff. Domain
I'm having problem of moving a user profile from one Domaina to another.

Everytime I copy a suser profile and try loging in as the user I'm
getting
access denied.
How do you move a user profile from one Domain to another without
getting corrupted??
Please help...thanks

joey

Thu, 17 May 2001 22:43:00 GMT

1. Moving Users from one Domain to another

2. Script that remotely moves local users from Administrators to Power Users group

3. Script that remotely moves local users from Administrators to Power Users group

4. Enumerate Term Profile Path in NT 4.0 domain.

5. getobject to return a profile path in nt domains

6. Enumerate Term Profile Path in NT 4.0 domain.

7. How to track a user session when user leaves my domain

8. How to track a user when user leaves my domain

9. Getting full list of Domain Users is not working properly - some users missing

10. Add Domain Users Group to Powe Users Group in Script

11. Getting full list of Domain Users is not working properly - some users missing

12. VBScript and local user profiles