Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Exec'
Author Message
 Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Exec'

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I am executing the
code below and I get a runtime error. I have the latest
WSH installed on my server.

Dim WshShell, oExec
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("ftp.bat")

Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object doesn't support
this property or method: 'Exec'

Thanks,

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:22:37 GMT
 Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Exec'
Upgrade to WSH 5.6...

WSH 5.6 downloads
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/00...

WSH 5.6 documentation download
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/00...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:35:10 GMT
 Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Exec'

I think I solved a problem like this before by qualifying the CreateObject
method with WScript, like:

Dim WshShell, oExec
Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("ftp.bat")

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I am executing the
code below and I get a runtime error. I have the latest
WSH installed on my server.

Dim WshShell, oExec
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("ftp.bat")

Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object doesn't support
this property or method: 'Exec'

Thanks,

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:51:29 GMT

1. Object doesn't support this property or method : 'DTSGlobalVariables(...).Value.Open

2. Object doesn't support this property or method

3. Object doesn't support this property/method??????

4. Object doesn't support this property or method

5. IE 5.0: Object doesn't support property or method

6. Object doesn't support this property or method

7. Object doesn't support this property or method

8. Sample code: Object doesn't support this property or method

9. Object doesn't support this property or method

10. Object doesn't support this property or method

11. ASP Error on Session.Contents : Object doesn't support this property or method

12. Object doesn't support this property or method